Spektrum dx5c fail safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine are in channel 2 and have also tried channel 3 and also put on different button on radio.

I thought channel 1 and 2 were for throttle and steering? I may be wrong i have mine in channel 3. I can't say i know much about killer bee stuff. Im on my first dx5c and first sr6000t receiver that came with my 2.0 so im thankful. Also you guys aren't running avc recievers are you? Ive heard that avc recievers won't allow killswitches to work right

Well on a spektrum you have steering and throttle then aux 1 aux2 and aux 3 and so on
I should have actually said aux 2

Screenshot_20201120-225201_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20201120-225201_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-225201_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-225201_Samsung Internet.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20191010_172908.jpg
    20191010_172908.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 1
:ROFLMAO: lol thanks I get it...are you using this rx? What mode are you using if so? I read theres 2 fail safe options...gas mode and smart safe. If its in smart safe it seems that it will keep all channels at last known position. But dial down input to minimal voltage assuming for electric cars.so if your failsafe is set to run it will stay on in a failsafe situation...try it in gas mode if you are in smart safe

Last edited:
Ok so good news I deleted model out of radio and added back and done a bind with holding in corresponding button I use for my kill switch and it now works when radio is turned off. Big thanks to Rep732.

That's specy being queer. The rest of the world calls that a 5 channel reciever. Str is channel 1, throttle/ brake is channel 2. Channel 3, 4, and 5 are unused. They are still referred to as channel 3,4, and 5. Not auxiliary channels. Welcome to the world of specy stuff geared toward 1/10 scale e words Products. Their 6 channel and up are numbered properly as they are mostly used in flight.

wow, that is a terrible way to find out your kill switch isn't working. I just tested mine to make sure it killed the engine and applied full brake, and it did. I have a Nutech GT5-R Mustang that came with some knock off 3 channel. I used ch3 and i can just press the button and it kills it. Turning off the transmitter also kills it, so my killer bee is working as expected.

I have a baja 5R mustang and I will be using my new Futaba 7PXR setup with another Killer Bee switch on that car. It sounds like the kill switch works with Futaba so all good.

Using the default setup on the Spectrum DX5C, if signal is lost full brake is applied which brings the motor to idle.
There are instructions in the manual during binding for setting up to brake and kill the motor.
It seemed confusing or I am just lazy. Whats the difference between shutting down the motor or keeping it in idle when signal is lost.
I use a dynamite kill switch on my Losi 5T and the Vekta 5.
They both function the same.
William E. Burrows Jr.

Using the default setup on the Spectrum DX5C, if signal is lost full brake is applied which brings the motor to idle.
There are instructions in the manual during binding for setting up to brake and kill the motor.
It seemed confusing or I am just lazy. Whats the difference between shutting down the motor or keeping it in idle when signal is lost.
I use a dynamite kill switch on my Losi 5T and the Vekta 5.
They both function the same.
William E. Burrows Jr.
I use the DX5C and Killer bee but it should work for all of them. The trick is making sure that when you bind the radio you have all of the settings to kill the engine currently engaged. For example, I don't use it on momentary. When I push the thumb switch forward the car dies, pull back and it runs, and in the center it remains at whatever it was last set. Before I bind I set my switch on the transmitter to the position where the ignition is off, apply full brake and bind.

When the receiver loses signal from the transmitter it will default to whatever is applied as a failsafe while binding. If you don't have the failsafe set to kill the ignition the receiver doesn't send that command and the engine continues to fire. Let me know if you're interested and I can get photos of my settings in the transmitter later

I feel like we have a bad habit here with continuing to elaborate on causes and solutions when the OP said its FIXED! DOES ANYONE READ ANYMORE
The dude I quoted literally asked why the brake was applied and the engine wasn't killed. You gotta chill out man.

And to answer your question, I read through the entire thread and answered the last post that was written yesterday. Do you read?

Ok how about a step by step set of instructions for the stupid people out there... ( ME)
Spektrum dx5c that rx that came with the 5ive 2.0 and a dynamite kill switch
Step by step travel set at 100%/100%, sub trim o%. Aux assign aux1 input c mode 3 cyclic avtive momentaray inhibit. Now set aux 1 on radio to zero , now rebind it with the brake forward and that aux1 set to zero . 100% mean its ready to go zero no go .. that's what i did after i read all that @%&#%!)>×=+ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks