Spektrum protocols. New vs Old receivers/transmitters. HELP Please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axelay2003

Please HELP…….from a NEWBIE.

I can’t seem to bind my SR3300T receiver to my Dx5 Pro transmitter. The binding mode on the receiver is as described in the manual. The Dx5 Pro just doesn’t bind. I Googled trouble shooting this in general and did what was recommended and still the transmitter does not work.

I thought the first one was a dud, so I purchased another SR3300T receiver, but a brand new one. The new one still does not bind.
I tried the SR2100 receiver as well as the SR6000 receiver and these two would bind to the Dx5 Pro transmitter flawlessly.

The second hand Axial Yeti XL came with an SR3300T receiver. The original owner installed it as pictured. There is a temp sensor on the engine and rpm pickup on the drive line.

I contacted Spektrum/Horizon.

Here is their response:

“Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately that receiver is on a different protocol than that (Dx5 Pro) transmitter. They will simply not speak to each other.

You may need to get a current receiver like:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...c-telemetry-surface-receiver/SPMSR6110AT.html

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...c-telemetry-surface-receiver/SPMSR6100AT.html

Best Regards”

These new receivers have the telemetry running through an x-bus adapter which looks like some type of molex connector. The sensors that are on the Yeti XL have JR servo connectors.

I’d rather not buy an older Transmitter just so I can use the ST3300T. At this point, I am leaning towards buying the newer receivers, but don’t know how to install the wiring with the x-bus adapter. Also what do I plug into the new receiver’s “Volt” adapter?

The SR6110AT does not have an “RPM” and a “TEMP” adapter. Where do I plug in the JR “RPM” and “TEMP” connectors?

The ST6000T is much closer to the SR3300T. This newer receiver has an “RPM”, “TEMP”, “VOLT”, and “X-BUS” adapter plug in. What do I connect into the “X-BUS” and “VOLT” slots?

Can someone draw a diagram and what I need to do to connect all of the current wiring on the Yeti XL to the newer receivers?

1D5AC578-646D-4F64-A6BE-C738335EBFD0.jpeg512694CF-4155-4588-89BD-96E7FB524342.jpegAB9DA1D9-E7F6-444E-8D67-2715CB47E375.pngEE8C463B-5F0E-4B76-9D18-80AEF2911B67.jpegFC68A164-9D71-44A9-B3F3-84C19B83BE9E.jpeg386AD9DD-5208-4D4B-AC2B-342455729D68.jpeg

No offense but it sounds like your over complicating your rc experience with needing temp and rpm read on your transmitter. Is it necessary for you to read it on your transmitter? And if spektrum replied saying that then their response is accurate. Also the sr6000t is discontinued as I have one and no longer use it due to range issues and horizon was involved with that issue with me.

I understand, but I want to take full advantage of the technology. My transmitter can extract and show the temp and rpm so I just want to see how it works.

Its really a moot point. The company says it won't work and you said you don't want to buy old stuff. What's the point of spending money on old stuff?.
I suggest you buy current tech and let that suffice. If your can get the old parts for cheap and experiment thats one thing but..its already obselete.
There's a point where you need to cut your losses.
Good luck man.

Its really a moot point. The company says it won't work and you said you don't want to buy old stuff. What's the point of spending money on old stuff?.
I suggest you buy current tech and let that suffice. If your can get the old parts for cheap and experiment thats one thing but..its already obselete.
There's a point where you need to cut your losses.
Good luck man.
Is there a new Spektrum receiver that is out right now that I can use and take advantage of the RPM and TEMP?

Thanks.

Thank you all for your responses.

My 14, 11, 6 year old boys have gotten the RC bug recently and I’m forced to try to learn as fast as I can. I’m grateful our youngest girl, 4 year old, is still playing with her dolls, lol.

I feel like you need an engineering degree with today’s RC vehicles. I remember friends having RC cars growing up and I don’t remember being then being this “complicated.”

I’m just feeding and supporting these boys in their interest in this hobby so they can enjoy it later in their life with their kids. I know I am enjoying my time tinkering these vehicles with them. Four more years and my oldest will move on and then the rest will follow.😔
Same guy that goes to a car dealer and gets all the options on a new car just to say he has them 🤦‍♂️

Thanks for the response. I appreciate you trying to help. I’m new to this field. To me, this is a different language and I’m trying to learn.

Again, I purchased this truck second hand and would like to maintain what the original owner designed this truck to perform and have.
I ended up purchasing a new receiver, the SR6000T from Hub Hobby and should be receiving that late next week. Apparently they had more in stock and is the closest receiver I can find with the RPM and TEMP plug-ins. I have the regular SR6000 and it binds with my Dx5 Pro transmitter. Hopefully the SR6000T will bind.
I’ll let you all know how this project ends up. I’ve not ventured in conventional soldering, but I do have a “Solder & Seal Wire Connectors” that are clear tubes of different gauges with a solder material in the center. All I have to do is use a hot gun and the adhesive in the inner tubes will seal the two wires to be connected.
I have ordered proper end connectors to hopefully connect the RPM and TEMP wires to the SR6000T.

Sean, if you have any pointers or RC pearls that you would like to share, please let me know as I am still trying my best to learn.

Thanks and Regards,

Gerald

Last edited:
Good news!

I emailed Spektrum over the weekend early Saturday morning and I could not wait for their reply. I took the risk in ordering the SR6000T(based on my SR6000 functionally binding with my Dx5 Pro) and it worked out in my favor.

I asked Spektrum associates if the SR6000T bind with my Dx5 Pro transmitter?

Their reply today:

"Yes it will, but as it is a discontinued item I did not put it on the list. If you found a new/old stock it will work with that no problem.

Best Regards"

Hub Hobby shipped out the SR6000T today.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks