sperera's baja experience begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spent a couple of hours on it last night, got new clutch shoes in, got the large engine mount back on the engine, new gear carrier and installed the tuning layshaft brake, got all that and the fuel tank back on the chassis, just need to start working on the front end now.

taken me long enough hey! :lol:

radio tray, roll cage and front end all assembled. also installed new clutch shoes, new clutch spring and a tuning layshaft brake. the brake kit came with a couple of alloy bushes, couldnt work out what these are for, any ideas?

just need some brake linkages to attach to the horn and to install the new vrc pipe and its all set!

ill take some pics when its all finished!

got the pipe on tonight, rear mount didnt lighn up so had to put a new hole in the roll cage. its no where near as solid as the jp but hopeing the vrc has better performance down low than the jp.

finished the tuning cable brakes tonight, gave it another bench test and...............

FFFFAAAARRRRKKKK

something in the clutch has let go, wheels are spinning when their in the air. i can hold them and motor doesn't stall so looks like the shoes are only just touching the bell but thats not normal!

during the rebuild I installed new shoes and new spring!!! looks like the gear carrier is going to have to come off to see what the problem is.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

it wont help you in the slightest but I'm so glad this doesn't just happen to me..:w00t:.

hope you find the cause and its an easy fix.....

been speaking to my good mate rossco who said with new shoes this isnt abnormal spesh since i didnt have any wheels on it, its just the shoes touching the bell, said to run it a bit and when that top layer of the shoe wears off it will return to normal, so when i get back from os early sep ill get it out and have a run, still trying to get my hands on a sway bar kit though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks