Start-up problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it is. So what I did was take off my super bee kill switch put the stock one back on now the coil and plug gets a spark but it's still not starting

Yeah it is. So what I did was take off my super bee kill switch put the stock one back on now the coil and plug gets a spark but it's still not starting
Is it pulling fuel through? Is the spark weak? If it's pulling fuel through, see if something is blocking the air flow in the air filter? Before you check all that, take off the gas cap and try to start it, because it could be vapor lock

Sent Had to cut it a little short so it would upload
Look down the cylinder head to see if it has fuel in it, if not Put little bit of your gas/oil mixture down the cylinder to see if it will fire not too much tho cuz then you'll flood it. Also try to prime it some more, I feel like it's not getting fuel. Give it alittle bit of throttle when trying to start it.

OK DID THAT IT FIRED FOR ABOUT 20 SEC THEN SHUT DOWN TURNED THE LOW UP A LIL BIT MORE FIRED FOR ABOUT 3 SEC THEN AFTER THAT IT JUST LIKE ITS ABOUT TO START

OK DID THAT IT FIRED FOR ABOUT 20 SEC THEN SHUT DOWN TURNED THE LOW UP A LIL BIT MORE FIRED FOR ABOUT 3 SEC THEN AFTER THAT IT JUST LIKE ITS ABOUT TO START
Is your fuel tank full? It should have kept running cuz after it starts it should start sucking fuel through the carb but it seems like it's not sucking fuel through the carb even though it primes, just becuase it primes doesn't mean it's sucking fuel through becuase when you prime your just putting fuel in the carb NOT the engine so I think you carburetor might be bad. If you bought it new then that's not the problem but if it was used it is a possibility.

It's about quarter tank but it's over the lil thing inside that sucks the fuel Forgot the name of a little piece inside the tank
So it's over the fuel filter. Is the bottom fuel line on the carb the one attached to the fuel filter in the tank? Cuz sometimes they are flipped. The one on the top of the carb is the return and the one on the bottom is the feed so if they are switched it won't run. If not the case I'm almost certain it's your carburetor, because when you put fuel directly in it, it will run but won't stay running which means it won't suck through the carburetor (or barely does) which most of the time means it's bad diaphragms in the carb.

Just checked The bottom is to The fuel filter in the tank And the top is going to the Return so if the carb is bad should rebuild or buy new this one is 668 if I'm not mistaken what do you recommend and What about few ratio 28:1 or 25:1 Which one is better for this car

Just checked The bottom is to The fuel filter in the tank And the top is going to the Return so if the carb is bad should rebuild or buy new this one is 668 if I'm not mistaken what do you recommend and What about few ratio 28:1 or 25:1 Which one is better for this car
Kk, rebuilding is cheaper but alot really meticulous, if I were you I'd get a 990 cuz they're easier (not to mention give you slightly more power ?) but if you don't want to and don't mind then go for the rebuild. Not trying to convince just stating my opinion.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks