Steel 48t Spur Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csp1971

I just got what I thought was an amazing deal on Ebay, a 48t steel spur gear with the aluminum gear carrier for 29 bucks with free shipping. It only appeared to be slightly used, no worn out teeth or anything.

Anyway, is it a big deal to use the steel pinion and steel spur gear together on the FHMT? Any advantages to not doing this?

Just wondering, I put it on the truck tonight to see how well it meshed, it meshes perfect.

Is the gear made specifically for the Firehammer MT? (Or the Carson version)

Else if it is made for an FG, you need to experiment a bit, to find the right pinion to get the correct gear mesh, or replace the gear plate and the engine mounts for the FG ones.

It's an FG spur, but the FG spur is the same as the clone 48t spur. The difference between the FG and clones is the pinion gear.

I'm just wondering if the metal to metal is good to do or if one of the gears should remain plastic.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks