Stock carb leaking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrington81

Hi guys. They’re is a small leak of fuel coming off the bulb on the carb. I’m gonna replace it. Should I upgrade the carb that has the low speed needle? Is it hard to adjust it? They’re is no choke either.
Thanks.

I personally have the 2 needle "aftermarket" carb. I also do not run a choke. No need to in my opinion and the design can cause it to close when running. I personally have had no issues adjusting my carb thanks to the help of others on here. Also have not noticed much of a difference either with it vs stock.

Ok thanks! If I have to I’ll just buy a stock carb. Have u had any problems with the bolts having loads of thread lock on them. Some of them are really on there.

I tried a pen torch...didnt even touch em. Our peers on here recommended a heat gun...that was the ticket for me. If you have a big enough torch you will probably be good...but a small pen torch for me was a no go.

From the stock setting, yes, I had to lean out my high speed needle a a good bit. I just kept leaning it slowly 1/16 at a time until I was happy. My truck wasn't transitioning well from low to high speed and would kind of fall flat. @Seandonato73 advised I lean it out from where it was at. Sure enough...runs perfect now. I got it running really good and then turned the needle back 1/16 a turn to richen it...just to be safe. No issues since.

Last edited:
Sounds good. Thanks for the advise. I’ll be asking u more questions in the future when I get to drive it more.

For sure! Most of us that have had the Raminator for a lil bit have acquired a good amount of knowledge and learnings from it. Feel free to ask and I will answer what I know and others are sure to help as well. 🏁🏁🏆🏆

Got a question. My break discs don’t move around and float like when new. They’re kinda fixed on the shaft with little movement. Not sure if this is normal?

Could be a couple things, is the disc bent from hitting a rock(s), how loose was it when installed? Mine were pretty tight and I used a dremel to open them up a bit. Lastly the drive shaft pin could have backed out a bit, thus causing the disc to now have no play as the disc sits over the pin. Take a look and see where the binding is happening preventing movement.

When I got my ram last spring it had the carb with the low speed needle adjustment on it from factory
I thought it was a running change that they did on the third batch?

Not really sure. I had it propped up centred on plastic tool chest to work on. It tipped over and fell and I think that’s what did it. Mabye a foot high. When I spin the axle u can see the end that attaches to the wheel hex is bent. Really weird.

How in the world do u get these bolts off. I tried using the heat gun like u said and it won’t work. I can’t get the gun close enough to where the thread lock is to melt it. Very frustrated with this thing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks