Stolen RCs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have much faith in the police at this point. I have given them names, addresses, lic plate numbers and they still say that is not enough to issue a search warrant. Whatever. They basically have to catch the guy with them which I doubt will happen. I can understand I guess. Hearsay and anon tips are just that. But what happened to probable cause?

Regardless, I have a claim open with my insurance company. I submitted all of my receipts and pics today. My concern is what happens to my rates? And more importantly, what happens if the police find my RCs after my claim is paid? Do I have to pay all the money back? That of course would suck

I'm not sure if your rates will go up too much. I think it depends on how many claims you have had over the past several years. Definitely talk to your agent.

Talked to the adjuster today. If the police do find the RCs then it is really up to me. If they paid me by then, it would be my choice if I want to keep the original RCs and pay them back the amount back they gave me, or if I would rather stick with the settlement they would possibly take the recovered RCs as what they call salvage. I may even be able to buy the recovered ones back from them!

I am very impressed with the adjuster thus far (Amercan Family is my company).

I don't have much faith in the police at this point. I have given them names, addresses, lic plate numbers and they still say that is not enough to issue a search warrant. Whatever. They basically have to catch the guy with them which I doubt will happen. I can understand I guess. Hearsay and anon tips are just that. But what happened to probable cause?

Regardless, I have a claim open with my insurance company. I submitted all of my receipts and pics today. My concern is what happens to my rates? And more importantly, what happens if the police find my RCs after my claim is paid? Do I have to pay all the money back? That of course would suck

This kind of reminds me of something...

While I was at work last summer, some scumbag broke into my car and stole my 3 JL Audio 12 inch subwoofers and my amp. The theft was recorded on surveillance camera, you could see his face and his car, but the cops said it wasn't enough to go on! So, I went to where the little poop goes to school and took pictures of his car with my subs in the hatch, the license plate etc. The cops still wouldn't do anything!! So I guess I was screwed!

Yesterday on my way to Toys R Us, I saw his car on the highway!!! I pulled in front of him and forced him to the side of the road and I jumped out of the car... Take a wild guess what happened?

Yup, I grabbed his seat belt which slammed him into the seat and wailed the piss out of that punk until he started to cry, then I slapped him upside his dumb-ass head and demanded my subs back! (mind you he is 18-19)

It took me a bit to readjust my amp, but my subs sound great in Meli's Taurus!!!

To make a short story long... The cops don't care, they get paid the same whether you get you stuff back or not!!! Sometimes, you have to take care of it yourself!!!

Sorry to poop on your thread, I hope you can get your stuff back, or get something better!!!

But, Damn did it feel good to welt this punks eyes shut!!!

I hope the best for you... Hit him once for me :lol:

Last edited:
This kind of reminds me of something...

While I was at work last summer, some scumbag broke into my car and stole my 3 JL Audio 12 inch subwoofers and my amp. The theft was recorded on surveillance camera, you could see his face and his car, but the cops said it wasn't enough to go on! So, I went to where the little poop goes to school and took pictures of his car with my subs in the hatch, the license plate etc. The cops still wouldn't do anything!! So I guess I was screwed!

Yesterday on my way to Toys R Us, I saw his car on the highway!!! I pulled in front of him and forced him to the side of the road and I jumped out of the car... Take a wild guess what happened?

Yup, I grabbed his seat belt which slammed him into the seat and wailed the piss out of that punk until he started to cry, then I slapped him upside his dumb-ass head and demanded my subs back! (mind you he is 18-19)

It took me a bit to readjust my amp, but my subs sound great in Meli's Taurus!!!

To make a short story long... The cops don't care, they get paid the same whether you get you stuff back or not!!! Sometimes, you have to take care of it yourself!!!

Sorry to poop on your thread, I hope you can get your stuff back, or get something better!!!

But, Damn did it feel good to welt this punks eyes shut!!!

I hope the best for you... Hit him once for me :lol:

HAHHAHAHA Awesome

Good news!

I got an anonymous tip from my CL ad. The info this guy gave me matches what the neighbor saw. I have given the police the guys name and address. I googled his info and the jerk has ripped people off on other RC forums. I will share his info once the police have done their work.

Crossing my fingers that my rigs are still intact!

Bad to hear about the cars,good to hear about the dickheads name.Keep us informed.
Good luck.
J.

i remember some punk little gangster wannabees at a bus stop tried to jack me for my patrick ewing adidas shoes.i used to be a skater back in the day...lol.anyways,i had my board on me and i went crazy swinging my board at these punks and got one on the arm.the took off running for there lives...lol.anyways.....thieves are the biggest chicken shits!!!!!! i know this is an old thread but,i hope you got them replaced.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks