Street sweeper bead lock question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StretchMaK

Did I get the wrong size tire? I have tried several bead lock rings and all are like this. Tires are the madmax belted street sweepers. I have tried losi, rovan and madmax wheels. Can't get the bead in place all the way around. Weird

Streetsweeper beadlock ring.jpg

You have to put the foams in then install the rim, the tires flex and you will need to push the tabs into the rims first then the beadlock rings. I have these and installed them on v1 and 2.0 5ive t rims with ddm beadlock rings with zero issues.

Thanks for the replys.

Been mounting tires on baja wheels for a long time and have never seen this before.

I have tried DDM rings, baja rings, rings from a buddies losi and several others. I have tried madmax wheels, baja wheels and a losi wheel.

I'll figure something out.

A guy I used to work with said to try a lil bit of oil on the bead lock ring, only the ring. He says to put a lil on a q tip and rib it around the tire side of the bead lock ring. He says not to use a lot but to get a lil on it. Helps the tabs fall into place he says.

Any of you guys ever heard of this?

Finally got these mounted up, I work to much, not enough playtime.

Stopped at a local tire shop and got a dab of the mounting compound. Guy said to use a little water on my finger and spread this stuff thin. I tried this and still needed another hand to get the bead in all the way around on two of these tires. But they are mounted up and ready to roll. Will put a balance on them and see what happens when it quits snowing here.

Thanks for the tips guys

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks