Sumer Sizzler 1/5 race

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccpm raptor

Was holding 2nd then 1st. Came home with 3rd after hitting the concrete wall on back double. Broke the a-arm and popped out the dogbone. Milked it for over 7 mins. Cooked the center diff. The MOD clutch took it like a champ.

Attachments

• 3rd place summer sizzler.jpg
    3rd place summer sizzler.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 21
  • truck with trophy.jpg
    truck with trophy.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 20
  • hole in diff.jpg
    hole in diff.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 17
  • inside diff.jpg
    inside diff.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 19
  • MOD clutch.jpg
    MOD clutch.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 21
  • the blood.jpg
    the blood.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 22
Those mod clutches are seriously strong. Awesome piece of kit. You kept running after you broke the arm? That’s awesome
Yup, just wanted to finish this year. I did not know I held onto third. That was a bonus.
That is awesome. Competition is lucky you had an issue looks like you would have crushed them.
Nope. Anthony was better for sure. He lost 1st place when his truck lost power and ran into the wall twice! No kill switch. He was TQ with a little ove 49 sec lap. Fastest lap I had was around 53-54sec. He does have a bartolone 30.5 reed. I had just a used stock 32. Looking at doing an ESP race port 32 or 34. Can't justify 1100 on 34ss reed for two/ three races a year.
Wow go hard eh nice 👌
Wow go hard eh nice 👌
yup. 7 plus hr drive. You bet it's all or nothing.

Last edited:
Yup, just wanted to finish this year. I did not know I held onto third. That was a bonus.

Nope. Anthony was better for sure. He lost 1st place when his truck lost power and ran into the wall twice! No kill switch. He was TQ with a little ove 49 sec lap. Fastest lap I had was around 53-54sec. He does have a bartolone 30.5 reed. I had just a used stock 32. Looking at doing an ESP race port 32 or 34. Can't justify 1100 on 34ss reed for two/ three races a year.
Wow go hard eh nice 👌

yup. 7 plus hr drive. You bet it's all or nothing.
The esp 34 is a great motor

I was watching video of the sizzler and damn that track is sick but intimidating. Congrats! (y)
blue ridge national in oct. Come on out meet some great people. Good times. all help to each other in the race.. love it. It's the way it should be
good low end throttle response? I was running a 18t but didnt have the low end snap for jumping some of them. one was right out of a turn you had to jump up to a higher hill. Could pull it off if i had speed. Others with built reed engines had no problem
what about the added weight of a 34 to 30.5 too?

Last edited:
The 34 will kick the snot out of a 30.5. Most of us are running 21 or 23 tooth pinion. I'm currently running a 19 in my esp 34 and it needs more gear bad. Just a stock g320 can handle a 20 tooth.
Do race on a off-road track? I would have like to have seen my truck with a 19t didn't have time to swap. Looking at the others who had 30.5 reeds and 20t the could jump them starting at the base of the jump. No way could we manage that with stock/unknown hrs of use 32cc.

Those mod clutches are seriously strong. Awesome piece of kit. You kept running after you broke the arm? That’s awesome
Noticed you have the rc max chassis. How has it held up? You race with right? Worth it or would you do the bartolone or stock if you could do it over.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks