Sun gears not fitting the outdrives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenogears

So going through building the kit and having issues fitting the diff’s sun gears on the outdrives. I encountered it at first with the font diff, those didn’t want to go in at all. I had a package of new diff gears though that I was keeping as a spare, same part number as the one used in the 5ive-b according to the manual and that fit the b’s outdrives without issues at all. I just encountered the same issue again now while building the center diff and ended up using my second and last spare of diff gears. At this rate I’m pretty sure I’m going to face the same problem again when I get to the rear tomorrow and I‘m out of spares!

Is there some trick to getting those on that I’m not aware of? Even though the spare gears that I have and the ones in the kit are the same part #, I noticed that kit’s gears appear to have some extra coating of some sort while the losi parts are pretty dull in comparison.

?Iirc the TLR gears are hardened. Maybe not? These are what I used on my last build. Think same thing for tlr
Yeah that’s the same part that my spares list, and it’s the same one that the b and t manuals list as well. They must be packaging something that’s not listed I guess, looks pretty different. I wish I took a picture of them side by side before running out of the spares. Here’s how the tlr one looks, not sure if you can pick up how “shinier” it looks compared to yours1BD5F18A-A4A2-4646-ADA8-E7F10BC70188.jpeg533F6CD5-CE3B-4818-85C1-06CA0EBF0BFC.jpegBF9F4DCD-626E-4349-B86B-7D144DC85F67.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks