Super Baja rey is China garbage...avoid imho!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westsiderkg

I respectfully disagree and believe the big squid review was fake.

We have put a total of 30 minutes of relativly light field only running on it, no offrading or bashing.

Result = broken rear axle and mount.

Sorry but in my specific case this is a $1000 pos and a bogey.

I should have taken the advice of a few others but I bought into the last two months of horizons marketing.

Better luck to others out there but I didn't plan to get into buying parts this quick!

And no...I own quite a few rc vehicles and truth be told they all require maintenance but not this much this soon. Again very disappointed and there is simply no way this is a strong vehicle now that we tested it...baby tested it at that.

I agree now with others that this truck is total garbage.

20180304_130159_resized.jpg

Sorry to hear about your first outing with the Losi. It sucks when things break this easily. Hopefully they will have some good after market upgrades for this truck!

Well got it home and got it apart. Rear diff is totally blown out! Wow what a total pos!

Calling Horizon tomorrow morning. Again 30 minutes of field running. No bashing and no jumping and no rock climbing and nothing really to speak of.

So I imagine Horizon will provide little more than excuses, right? I mean it clearly says they offer zero warranty on their products. I should have taken that as a red flag for lack of quality, sigh.

For now looks like nothing more than a HUGE bogey in its first, and possibly last weekend.

Will NEVER buy another Losi product again.

Better luck to those out there but the durability they promote in their marketing videos is bologna. Again, mine got trashed with light field running but they are making 25 ft jumps off buildings, lol...ya right Losi. Not that I believed or would do that but cmon...cant handle field running, lol. This truck is a REAL turd and I really regret not waiting for the kraken desert truck.

If your in the market please heed my advise and pass on the Losi.

Sounds like your just bashing them, it's your word when it comes to warranty, and as we all know not everyone's word is worth something. If your in cold weather it makes everything more brittle. For all we know you were going full bore and cart wheeled it. It could likely have been a defect in the plastic which can happen with any brand. I understand your frustration, but sounds like you haven't been in rc to long.

I have beat the crap out of mine...end over end high-speed carnage... I have two cracked rear fenders...that's it. I'm telling you I jumped and beat this thing in the rain... 50+ sideways "how is it still going" crashes with nothing but cracked rear panels. Think you got a lemon...the Super Baja Rey is legit. I don't get paid to pimp Losi. I hated my Baja 5B...just saying

good to hear on the other models. This is my first Lori soooooo not real pleased thus far. At least when I called horizon they were good about replacement parts and noting this was premature.

What I'd like to see is a aftermarket metal rear axle like the ones available for the Baja rey. I just feel this plastic axle is a weak point in the design.

Well got it home and got it apart. Rear diff is totally blown out! Wow what a total pos!

Calling Horizon tomorrow morning. Again 30 minutes of field running. No bashing and no jumping and no rock climbing and nothing really to speak of.

So I imagine Horizon will provide little more than excuses, right? I mean it clearly says they offer zero warranty on their products. I should have taken that as a red flag for lack of quality, sigh.

For now looks like nothing more than a HUGE bogey in its first, and possibly last weekend.

Will NEVER buy another Losi product again.

Better luck to those out there but the durability they promote in their marketing videos is bologna. Again, mine got trashed with light field running but they are making 25 ft jumps off buildings, lol...ya right Losi. Not that I believed or would do that but cmon...cant handle field running, lol. This truck is a REAL turd and I really regret not waiting for the kraken desert truck.

If your in the market please heed my advise and pass on the Losi.

good to hear on the other models. This is my first Lori soooooo not real pleased thus far. At least when I called horizon they were good about replacement parts and noting this was premature.

What I'd like to see is a aftermarket metal rear axle like the ones available for the Baja rey. I just feel this plastic axle is a weak point in the design.

Horizon has always been a very good company to do business with, and coming out bashing even their warranty prior to knowing what was going to happen is Never a good idea.
Sucks that you have had this luck, but from others that I know very well, this truck is not a complete turd as you said at all.
Wish you the best with your repairs, but coming out blasting a specific model, and the company who supplies it is Never a good way to handle things.

My only issue so far is the tires...they are super soft and shred...I've killed 3 of the 5 on the truck. Waiting for 4 tires to come in...IMG_0869.jpg

Hello Mots,
how long did you have used them before they are torn up?
Because the profile looks good.
Wolle
I've run the truck on 3 batteries...killed a tire a run
Hello Mots,
how long did you have used them before they are torn up?
Because the profile looks good.
Wolle
I've only run the truck 4 times and lost 3 of the 5 tires. I have 4 new tires coming in today...I will keep you guys posted.

about 5 runs here now that I got this back together. front wheel bearing are shot. not feeling good about this out of the gate.

Took mine out for the first time this afternoon. Nothing broken after a couple of hard hits on the some curbing and a stop sign. Did a cart wheel through a ditch also. I ran three packs through it. Pretty freaking fast out of the box.

I did have a screw I could not get out when I wanted to pull the cage off for some cleaning. One of the screws that go in from the bottom by the sway bar. Had to drill the head off to get it out, sucker was in tight, to tight. Quick trip to the hardware store and all is well.

Real happy with it so far. Westsiderkg made me nervous with his post about the broken axle mounts.

Got my SBR 2 weeks ago and loving it so far. Jumped it, raced it on and offroad, no hardcore bashing yet because of could weather. Biggest con I think will be working on the front and midd diff, no easy acces. And the rear axle probably needs an upgrade. Do you guys know off any wheels/tires that would fit other then the stock ones?

I love my Losi mtxl, I have cart wheeled it so far haven't broke much.

I also love my MTXL and I have driven it hard and know people who drove it like they wanted to kill it and it just took it. but that doesn't mean that an othewise great company cant drop a turd of a product once in a while. I mean statistically speaking it was almost time. The 5ive line has been pretty bad ass. The MTXL too. The DBXL has been a subject if heated debate and considering how many other things they have released between all these in smaller scales, something almost had to go wrong somewhere because of statistics alone.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks