Super Cross servicing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops - sorry, forgot to say - no fail safes fitted, just relying on the DX2 for keeping a runaway from running away.

In fact right now - i would settle for a runaway... :)

How do i check if the engine stop button is working as it should?

Cheers

When the engine is running press the button......if it stops......you guessed it.....its working :clown::clown:

New plug on order

Well I think the spark flug maybe bad. I have ordered 2 more and they should arrive today.

Will try and report back.

If no joywith a new plug I will try and take a look at the magneto and check the gap.

Don't know what those things are in the fuel tank but will try to get them out

cheers

SUCCESS!!!!!

Changed spark plug then a couple of pulls on the starter, and it lives!!!!...

Once i got it going, a bit of a twiddle of the 'L' screw, and it ticks over really well.

I will have a play with the H screw and then try not to crash it at high speed.

Goes bloody well though....

Knew it had to be something simple. Pictures when i get home.

Cheers

Sheriff

screws....

pucca mate!...glad to hear it..the cylinders r filters i reckon... A bit like the one's in a fish pond..

Strange question this one and i cant get an answer out of Lauterbacher themselves...

I am missing several countersunk torx screws from the bottom of the car.

One that hold the engine to the chassis plate, and there are a couple more that hold the engine mount (Gear end)to the chassis plate.

Anyone know what size they are...?

Thanks in advance...

Sheriff

One other strange thing is that there are some small White cylinders (about
three of them) floating around in the fuel tank. About 1.5 cm across and about 5cm long.

What do these do, and why are they there. They are not in my other car.

Cheers sheriff

I know this is an old thread but for information the cylinders in the tank are to take up the volume as the lauterbacher tanks were over size for racing, and we used to stick plastic rods in the tank to make them conform to the 700ml max size fuel tank rule :)

Matt

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks