Taller Baja Battery Box Lid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killer RC

I shoulda done this years ago, but better late than never.

This is a machined Delrin battery box lid that's taller than the factory lid. It's totally sealed up. I wanted it to have no openings, to keep out dirt and water. You can easily drill holes in the sides or top to add lights, power switch, or whatever you want.

Delrin costs as much as aluminum, so these are kinda pricey to machine. Retail would be around $50

If there is enough interest, in 4-6 months I can have them injection molded, which would make them a lot cheaper, around $20, but I'd have to be able to sell at least 1000 of them to pay for the cost of the injection mold.

Whatcha think?

w9Kqa6.jpg

j2hztB.jpg

Pzi8KE.jpg

Last edited:
I want one! The lid is one of the things that annoy me the most with the radio box setup. Everything inside the radio box is covered with dust and moisture.

Does it cover the slot for the servo wires in the bottom half of the box in any way?

Last edited:
praise god,,, I wanted to cut my stock one up and put in a new bottom to fit flat packs,, I run your 4200mah lipo Baja pack,, and than make a new cover without the charging port hoiles etc,, and tall enough to fit everything, your larger mah packs,, that are longer,, ,,, finally one maybe made,,, sign me up,, I WANT ONE

I don't have a scale, but by feel between the aluminum one and stock,, they feel pretty close,, aluminum may be a tad heavier , the sides were machined to 1.70mm pretty thin,, but nice and strong

I took this pic to show that the look of the roll cage isn't really affected by the risers.
yZUjyF.jpg

SiU8Ek.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks