Taylor 35 V2 Reed LOSI DBXL 2.0 Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi again guys, ty for suggestions :)

@tizdaz you may want to check your cv shafts as they may need to be taken apart and cleaned/lubed. A friend of mine has a dbxle 2.0 and one of his front shafts had a bit of rust not allowing the cv to move freely.
yeh my CV's etc are all in excellent condition, one thing i do is keep well on top of maintenance with my RC's! ..if anything i have OCD when it comes to maintaining them! lol
The center diff fluid has no influence on your drive line friction unless one axle is trying to spin significantly faster than the other. Like the front tires turning into pizza cutters from wildly spinning. Its to eliminate that type of situation. Having 100,000 up front is far to heavy unless straight line drag racing is your thing. My 5ive B rails around turns with 1000 up front, loncked center and 500,000 in the rear. I'm not a racer anymore but like to pretend I'm one when ripping around the property. Lol. If I were serious again, it wouldn't be set up like it is now.
I looked up on what diff fluid to use & read that 500k centre & then 100k front/rear was a good combo! :(

What I'm going to do is, is give it a test with just the rear drive using the diff clocker & see how it goes from there, then I may re-connect the front drive (atm all I have done is disconnect the front CVD so the diff etc & drive shafts are all still in place) but keep the centre diff locker in to see if there is any drop in power/performance. But like I say, for now I'm just going to try it with rear wheel drive.

My FG has an adjustable diff so it can be set from 0 to 90% lock on-the-fly, I run it on 90% lock and makes a big difference. Shame that no such diffs are available for DBXL/2 or the 5T, or is there?

Anyway will keep you guys posted! :)

Cheers again \o/
here's quick vid of the locker installed with only the rear diff connected,, as you can see very smooth, no resistance etc!

VID

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks