The big bore we've seen a thing or two carnage thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Alright boys I'm new to the big bore and went pretty much straight to the top in displacement.

We know your big bores thrash and beat on your rigs so let's start a thread of broken parts associated with owning a big bore.

Mod real brakes rotor annihilated.. I think something got stuck behind the rotor but it shot out like a Chinese throwing star.20230731_194208.jpg

Episode 15 Drool GIF by The Simpsons

I forgot to ask, how likely would it be that the shear force of the engine on it own would cause that brake rotor to explode? I do see some marks on the diff tower but id assume it was from the rotor coming apart. I'm thinking something like a rock or something from job (mechanic shop) got sucked up and jammed the rotor. The front rotor is good and I still hanging on just fine.

I forgot to ask, how likely would it be that the shear force of the engine on it own would cause that brake rotor to explode? I do see some marks on the diff tower but id assume it was from the rotor coming apart. I'm thinking something like a rock or something from job (mechanic shop) got sucked up and jammed the rotor. The front rotor is good and I still hanging on just fine.
I would consider this a freak accident. Replace the pad and move on it won’t happen again

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks