The Bikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so pic 3 is the flex part of knees etc? That seems pretty easy to make the rider, but the servo mounting was pretty slick. I lighter rider that helps in the turning. I am going to make myself a new rider now, or at least find some stuffed doll to toss on.

I certainly notice the difference in the way the TTR drives compared to the SF501 I had. it was the race version. the NF cornered much faster. I've built and sold at least 6 bikes locally, more I am sure, and can never get these guys out. all do vids by themselves... I just don't get it. even the real bikes, we meet up for coffee and ride around. I guess I need to convert real bike guys into getting rc ones to get some turn outs...

I'll get some video next weekend. my camera is crap for video aside from close up stuff but it's all I have for now. we are setting up the road track again. can't wait to see Sharkey's 4 stroke TC3 running (man I want to do a 4 stroke bike some day). soon. I just started working again after 2 months off (day after I bought the vstar) so no rc money.
Yeah it's hard to find people that are as passionate about the bikes. Believe me i know the feeling, my so call diehard rc buddies begged me to get back into the rc bikes for like 2yrs. So when i built my last custom bike to race with them. Then they quit on me again!:mad: One complained of an unfair advantage so i put the TTN back on the road.So far they are still a no show.So i don't bother with them anymore and just go out and turn some laps on a makeshift track in a parking lot.LOL

But yeah pic 3 is what i did for the leg,shoulders and elbow joints.I just took a small screwdriver and polked a hole in the foam.Then i pushed the zip tie through all the way up to the makeshift joints and that was it. It fitted nice and snug,i did it this way just incase of any big crashes.The foam wouldn't get torn and so far i've had many crashes and had this rider for a long time.The foam actually cushion's the bike in some crashes like end over end.
Yes very easy to do though like i said. Oh and for the torse section i cut out 3 identical pieces and stacked and glued them together.For the servo sake to cut minumize the movement of the servo,So that way the rider will move more.
I thinking about doing a rider for my nitro ricky and converting it to a motard. I think that will be pretty cool also.
Took a few pics over the weekend. Hey i remember you from the rcgroup forums in the bike section.:D

Attachments

• 100_2701.jpg
    100_2701.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_2703.jpg
    100_2703.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 7
I still go to rc groups and read, but not much to say so I rarely post. hell I rarely post anything anymore. even forums I mod at.

we are running sunday. I'll have the lone bike again but oh well. at least the chain sprocket should hold this time. just tinkering on the semi to get it going. I am going to make my ttr a hor now. just needed some inspiration. well eventually anyway hehe. 1 week back to work so money is friggin tight. 2 months of doing nothing and now doing a low paying job. need some hobbyking servos.. have to place an order with Bruce to fix my bud's bike.

Hi Guys, was wondering how a stock TT nitro bike(what I currently have) would compare to a TT SB5 brushless setup? Speed? Handling? over all would the two compare? I was thinking of building one of these up sometime to play with. Any recommendations for motor, esc, battery size, etc would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mark

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks