The Bikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I had the bike out today. I filled the body and legs with mono foam... I ripped the foot off my rider LOL.. guess I made the ret too strong, mind you I was jumping in the grass here and the kids all came out... it was a game of catch the motorcycle... I had like 5 kids basically trying to tackle the bike as it went by... anybody wondering if the dirt bikes are tough? man I abuse this thing.

I snapped my side guards twice today again right at the setscrew... the one side is so short now if it leans in grass, it's stuck... a set of allevens are my next order

well I had the bike out today. I filled the body and legs with mono foam... I ripped the foot off my rider LOL.. guess I made the ret too strong, mind you I was jumping in the grass here and the kids all came out... it was a game of catch the motorcycle... I had like 5 kids basically trying to tackle the bike as it went by... anybody wondering if the dirt bikes are tough? man I abuse this thing.

I snapped my side guards twice today again right at the setscrew... the one side is so short now if it leans in grass, it's stuck... a set of allevens are my next order

I went out as well. The second full time. Tore a side guard and never found it again. That thing did so many end over ends. I LOVE IT!!! I'm the worst cycle driver in the world, but it was fun as hell. I don't know how you guys drive it with a 3s. I'm having a time with a 2s.

The plastic things that go on the forks, one tore off when I went into a soccer net. Great idea with the mono foam. Post a pic up of it if you have a chance.

I know the crap is messy. I have been scraping my fingers for a day now lol. and getting the head full from the bottom is tricky. I had to open the beak from the front to get that part after. I'll have to break down and get another body some day... I'll glue and tape his foot back on for now. I was just running on 2s today. just around here that is plenty fast, though the big jump in the grass would have been fun on 3s.

I just picked up a contract for detailing 12 cars, and more to come. Dealership. Heading out tomorrow morning to get started and between that and other work I am booked right through next weekend now. not much time for rc, so had to play today. It's an hour's drive on the hwy from here so I am going to do as many as I can each day out. only thing important when I get home from those days is a pillow and my advil

I want to get the road bikes out. The sales manager is a fellow rc'er. maybe I can toss the bikes in and hand him a controller, about the only thing that fits my car... I might trade the work for a vehicle. Time for a change, had this car almost 4 yrs now

should be getting a run or 2 in today. have to replace my MTroniks ESC, it crapped out again. Got a CC Mamba here to put into it.

I need to see if I can find a different shock end now. the hole must be ovalling out as it has a lot of up and down play. am taking my on road bikes with me to go detailing. going to hand the sales manager a controller and let him have some fun... if I can get him addicted, be a good person to have on board. he has some crawlers in this month's rc car action

i'm down to just the nitro on road now. bike's are cool, I just wish more people liked them.
I so feel your pain! We started off with a good group of like 6 rc bikers. Now everybody quit for almost 3yrs. Then one well 2 of my buddies pesterd me into getting back into the rc bikes. So far i've been the only one running them.LOL So i don't even talk to those guys anymore!

I finished rebuilding my TTn and i'm very excited to run it. Especially since i'm only use to running my own custom bikes.

So far i have a custom exhaust,modified oil filled cnr usd's. A modded rear shock the has spring preload bound and rebound with a remote resevior and adjustments that i built and develope. Plus a custom rear shock linkage that allows me to raise or lower the rear ride height by just turning the linkages.

Attachments

• 100_2658.jpg
    100_2658.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_2659.jpg
    100_2659.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_2654.jpg
    100_2654.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 15
I see a custom rider too. a friend of mine got my old brushless bike but it sits on his shelf needing work. I'll end up having to order parts in from bruce and fix it for him just so I have someone to hang out with.

your bike looks sweet swheels. lots of customs there, even the body. mine is basically stock with a bunch of alleven parts.

I see a custom rider too. a friend of mine got my old brushless bike but it sits on his shelf needing work. I'll end up having to order parts in from bruce and fix it for him just so I have someone to hang out with.

your bike looks sweet swheels. lots of customs there, even the body. mine is basically stock with a bunch of alleven parts.
Thanks i appreciate the positive comments. Alleven parts are to die for! I wish i had his talents, and i'm serious!

Oh yeah the rider was a hang on rider a made for one of my custom bikes. The rider itself only takes 15min to make. The riding suit took my a couple of hours because because i can't sew to save my life. The fairings are some old NF handa fairings that were used and beat up. I just cut them up made them a little more sleek and added some graphics.

mine's the stock ttn bodywork etc. I actually preferred the tte body. my rider could use a diet too but until someone around here gets decent driving a bike I am not too worried about the extra weight or stock engine power ;)

I actually spend more time out riding the real bike than anything rc now. it's a cruiser style. my bud and I were talking about bikes. this 1100 isn't a sport bike but it has unreal torque with that v twin. I compare it to the sportbike like riding a horse and the v twin like riding a bull. horse may be faster but that raw low power is still a good rush, especially in the city.

mine's the stock ttn bodywork etc. I actually preferred the tte body. my rider could use a diet too but until someone around here gets decent driving a bike I am not too worried about the extra weight or stock engine power ;)

I actually spend more time out riding the real bike than anything rc now. it's a cruiser style. my bud and I were talking about bikes. this 1100 isn't a sport bike but it has unreal torque with that v twin. I compare it to the sportbike like riding a horse and the v twin like riding a bull. horse may be faster but that raw low power is still a good rush, especially in the city.
I was racing my little mini super midbike. Doen't have the money to race the fullsized ones.LOL But the little mini's are insane especially when you start putting big motors in them. You actually get quite a rush when your out there on the tracks racing against other skilled racers. I miss racing these bikes:(

Attachments

• S-tech racing1.jpg
    S-tech racing1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 18
I am going to wrench on the ttn tonight. the chain gear setscrew keeps coming loose. time to strip and dremmel that baby flat.

I have never ridden one of those little guys. I know guys that race them. one has nitrous on his and it's stupid fast

good deal Pip. Ive been neglecting the RCs. been busy with work latly, and paying gas bills. lol

but i have been working on the Modded DX450, taking it with me to WV for the next few weeks of work. should be able to get a good amount of testing on the new parts.
if all goes well, i ll get them more suited for a kit maybe. see if their is any interest.

I am going to wrench on the ttn tonight. the chain gear setscrew keeps coming loose. time to strip and dremmel that baby flat.

I have never ridden one of those little guys. I know guys that race them. one has nitrous on his and it's stupid fast
Yeah get that TTN back up and running you won't regret it.
I still have to work on weight distribution with my TTN. But i took a lazy but affective route. The rider in the pics is designed to hang off the bike. So i decided to install the servo back in him and use like that. The bike improved handling and grip all across the board. One of the other reasons i knew i had a problem with the bike being un-balanced. Is when i put this rider on the bike,the handling of the bike got worse. The rider is rather light infact he's lighter than the stock TT riders.
But check out my short demo vid on. If i get the chance i'll post some vids of the bike running. It's kinda hard for me to film and operate the bikes at the sametime.They don't come out as good.

Yeah some of these guys put some insane motors in these little bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a venom brushless with a 6900kv. was stupid. I had to turn the power and atv way down or it was undriveable. the front brake needed lexan shims or it rubbed the wheel when turning and sometimes locked the front wheel up... I could go on. I bought it from a guy that modded the hell out of it and then it wouldn't drive. I got it working and realized I hated it. out front here even the smallest pebble upset the bike. maddening.

I got my ttn all done. was just one setscrew. it's cleaned and ready to go with a hobbycity cheapo servo in steering (don't need anything good for these things). wish my drill would spin faster. it's a little slow to get the pig started sometimes.

I have thought about doing a HOR type rider for a while. should hit the dollar store and get me a new rider figure to experiment with maybe. servo horn up the arse works huh?

I had a venom brushless with a 6900kv. was stupid. I had to turn the power and atv way down or it was undriveable. the front brake needed lexan shims or it rubbed the wheel when turning and sometimes locked the front wheel up... I could go on. I bought it from a guy that modded the hell out of it and then it wouldn't drive. I got it working and realized I hated it. out front here even the smallest pebble upset the bike. maddening.

I got my ttn all done. was just one setscrew. it's cleaned and ready to go with a hobbycity cheapo servo in steering (don't need anything good for these things). wish my drill would spin faster. it's a little slow to get the pig started sometimes.

I have thought about doing a HOR type rider for a while. should hit the dollar store and get me a new rider figure to experiment with maybe. servo horn up the arse works huh?
I think when your just running in the parking lots as long as the servos get the job done it's all good. I use what ever i have lying around.:eek:
The hang on rider is the best! especially if your out running your bike by yourself.
I installed the servo into the riders chest.Then attached the servo horn to the seat or depending on the servo,you might have to install the servo horn to the tank.I say this because if you use the Y harness to run off the steering servo. The servo iin the rider might not hang off the bike in the direction that you need.

Here's a crappy vid i did with my TTN with the leaning rider. I'll start a thread with some pics of the rider/s i made. I don't wanna jack your thread unless you allow me to post them here???

Jack away, I love bikes and not many of us on here into them. reversing a servo is easy http://crawlcanada.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350

I got my bike all fixed and now my bud wants to pay me to get his fixed up. I just said bring it over. I can do that fm1e easy while watching hockey. I watch all the games and might as well be wrenching (as long as I don't throw a tool through the tv trying to hit a ref)

ok now I want to do a HOR.

Oh cool. Here are some pics the rider is very easy to make.The suit wellll another story. Oh and here's a vid i edited to slow motion to see the bike and rider more in action. Don't mind the music, my wife messed up the sound on my laptop some how. So i couldn't here what music i was putting to the vid, so i just picked something.

Attachments

• 100_0742.jpg
    100_0742.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0750.jpg
    100_0750.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0749.jpg
    100_0749.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0752.jpg
    100_0752.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 10
so pic 3 is the flex part of knees etc? That seems pretty easy to make the rider, but the servo mounting was pretty slick. I lighter rider that helps in the turning. I am going to make myself a new rider now, or at least find some stuffed doll to toss on.

I certainly notice the difference in the way the TTR drives compared to the SF501 I had. it was the race version. the NF cornered much faster. I've built and sold at least 6 bikes locally, more I am sure, and can never get these guys out. all do vids by themselves... I just don't get it. even the real bikes, we meet up for coffee and ride around. I guess I need to convert real bike guys into getting rc ones to get some turn outs...

I'll get some video next weekend. my camera is crap for video aside from close up stuff but it's all I have for now. we are setting up the road track again. can't wait to see Sharkey's 4 stroke TC3 running (man I want to do a 4 stroke bike some day). soon. I just started working again after 2 months off (day after I bought the vstar) so no rc money.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks