the bug club thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the mrs gives in and gets me my 4x4 kit for crimbo for my baja I will have the base to build a bug ;) so I might just be the next member of the bug fest 2013 :):):)

;) If it ain't broke, bash it till it is ;)

great bugs guys but i want to know more about there specs and what your running in them

glyn herbies looking smart mate allways wanted to do a herbie replica but haven't done one yet i also like the idea of a tamiya sand scorcher replica that would be killer
This is an old shell of mine
FGsandscorcher001.jpg
car was pretty much stock then, just a home built 28.5 cy and a DDM Dominator pipe.
now with a lot of alloy parts from FG, Elcon and Hobbypro. Tyres have gone over to stepstuds (and minipins for hard ground) engine is now a zen bottom end with an ESP headkit (engine is shared between FG and MCD at the moment)

Bug project

Started as a smartech spider , this is just a sneak peak ! I will post my build step by step when it's done , it's in bits totally stripped and cleaned , some alloy to go on , including alloy engine mounts and a shiney zenoah 26 cc ready to drop in , I'm waiting on a few parts & the shell will be sprayed with hpi. Wheels &. Adapters ! Will be done soon :) shell is fibreglass so it will be filled & sanded , primed and painted smooth , hope to have pics up soon but this is a sneak peak for the bug thread ! :) :) :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 13
nice one dog looking great are you keeping the bug shell slung low they look best that way

im still working on my custom fibre glass mould im doing from when i was planning the carbon bug shell might have to get it finished and atempt a fibre glass custom bug shell made for the low slung set up maybe with a seperate tamiya sand scorcher front end with the 2 lights

Bug project

Yea mate I'm gonna try and keep her as low as possible with black beadlock hpi wheels , I didn't think I would like yellow I just bought the shell like that and planned to use some filler on it , smooth it and paint it orange but I'm not sure now as the yellow is growing on me ! I'm looking for a brand new fibreglass bug shell ! I wish I knew how to make them as I would have several ! Car is totally in bits at the moment & a box full of bits I'm gonna build it back up and improve it where I can & fit my new engine with some alloy & a nice spray job ! I'm still trying to make up my mind what colour I've loads of tamiya ts paints

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360427059.861448.jpg
Originally bought it as a marder with Pajero convention kit, stripped it and rebuilt as a marbug, has a few hop ups still buying bits and pieces, upto now it has-
Original G2D 23cc 1148 performance head kit
Fg offroad tuned pipe
Full alloy front end
Next few months will be getting a few more bits!
There is some smart bugs on this thread giving me lots of ideas!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks