The bug is going Stevo!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would be a right bonus though if it is the large one at that price it works out the small mount would be free compaired to the rossmods price large and small mount for the price of there one sweet

would be a right bonus though if it is the large one at that price it works out the small mount would be free compaired to the rossmods price large and small mount for the price of there one sweet

Sure would. Will let you know.

Its been a bit of a wait but finally got it today :celebrate: Just need to find time to fit it now and get it run in but its my son's birthday next weekend then we are at a christening the weekend after so time is going nowhere at the min. Will be sorted for the better weather tho. Cant wait to get out with it now!!

get in there mate about time i bet that was a knightmare waiting for it,,belive me mate waiting for my oddie was killing me lol get some pics up i gotta see it

Will get some posted tomorrow.......up at 4am to go to Harrow :(
Was a bit of a wait but a nice birthday pressie to myself!! Im tempted to book a few days off to get it fitted and run in but don't think it would go down well with the missus!!

I reckon the stock 18/46 gearing will be too low with all the extra power from the Stevo engine so in anticipation I have just picked up 20/44 blackbone gears on way home today :D The quality looks excellent and I have heard good things about them so will be fitting them when I change the engine over.

same gears im running mate but on my layshaft diff side its 16/48 and 20/44 and its a good ratio much better now ive got the power to pull it i even think 22/42 would be good

The hardware......
20130313_165051_zps9b59e423.jpg

I gave Stevo my old engine (the 1 that had sucked half of Deeside through the K&N filter prior to me buying it) so he could try to salvage some parts off it but all that was used were the covers!! I might change them as not keen on the silver and it didnt take to being trimmed very well.
20130313_165301_zps18e95294.jpg
20130313_165237_zps5149063c.jpg
20130313_165325_zps9f6889a6.jpg

same gears im running mate but on my layshaft diff side its 16/48 and 20/44 and its a good ratio much better now ive got the power to pull it i even think 22/42 would be good

Mine is slightly different on the layshaft side being 4wd but will try it and see how it fairs at 20/44. Yours could definitely go to 22/42 without any problems.

I will need to mod the clutch housing to fit the FG engine mount but only a 2min job after doing the last 1. No point swapping it over as it will need to doing anyway for building up my 2wds for the kids.

Ive finally succumbed and bought some ally engine mounts :eek: I wouldnt have bothered but they were recommended by Stevo as pretty essential with the power output from this engine. Went for proper FG mounts rather than trying the chinesium offerings on ebay and finding out they are made of cheese then having to buy FG anyway.
20130318_190912_zpseef195c0-1_zps43a5a0d1.jpg

Last edited:
Ive finally succumbed and bought some ally engine mounts :eek: I wouldnt have bothered but they were recommended by Stevo as pretty essential with the power output from this engine. Went for proper FG mounts rather than trying the chinesium offerings on ebay and finding out they are made of cheese then having to buy FG anyway.
20130318_190912_zpseef195c0-1_zps43a5a0d1.jpg

Keith......sorry andy's turnin into a bufty boy with all his bling hahahaha where's the shelfs going mate? Front room or man cave hahahaha

;) If it ain't broke, bash it till it is ;)

Keith......sorry andy's turnin into a bufty boy with all his bling hahahaha where's the shelfs going mate? Front room or man cave hahahaha

The bling will be well hidden away mate! Might even paint it matt black so it looks like plastic :lol::lol:

that wont work mate we all know now kieth lol

bet you have tons of alloy popping up on the bug over the next few months thats how it starts with a bit here and there

The bling will be well hidden away mate! Might even paint it matt black so it looks like plastic :lol::lol:

hahaha yeah yeah hahaha that's it now mate, alloy is rc smack mate hahaha once you take it that's it you're hooked, the bug will be all alloy before the years done and you'll be skint hahaha :D

hahaha yeah yeah hahaha that's it now mate, alloy is rc smack mate hahaha once you take it that's it you're hooked, the bug will be all alloy before the years done and you'll be skint hahaha :D

then once your hooked on alloy you crave a bigger hit from carbon fibre then oddified goodies trust me i know and skints not the word you live off beans on toast just to get more bits

Yeah I know mate my Leo was all alloy till it took off and hit a factory wall (now has kill switch) :D so I've told myself I would never go back on the alloy trail hahaha

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks