The bug is going Stevo!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wont be adding any more ally unless a part becomes weak with the extra power. Im thinking rear bottom arms might need to be ally but I already have some that just need a bit of a polish & new rose joints!! Longer ally front shocks to suit the 4wd will be the next upgrade though as my ally 2wd shocks are too short so got stock rear shocks at the front for now.

Hi dwarfy and renbar !
Haven't been around for a few months ! "Don't ask "
Glad to be back , dwarfy mate I can remember your post when you just went to see Stevo for to get your engine tuned ! Boy you've got it now mate :) I'm so glad for you ! Your bug is a beast now I reckon , now I'm gonna have to finish my bug , I can't wait for a vid if yours as yours and renbars were what inspired me :)

Hi dwarfy and renbar !
Haven't been around for a few months ! "Don't ask "
Glad to be back , dwarfy mate I can remember your post when you just went to see Stevo for to get your engine tuned ! Boy you've got it now mate :) I'm so glad for you ! Your bug is a beast now I reckon , now I'm gonna have to finish my bug , I can't wait for a vid if yours as yours and renbars were what inspired me :)

Thanks for the comments :D Im fitting the engine today but wont be out with it for another couple of weeks probably as Ive injured my ankle, don't know how but its come up like a balloon & the pain is immense :(

When I get it run in I will definitely be paying Renbar a visit for a bash and to get a few more ideas off him. His Oddie engine was the reason I went for a tuned engine!! He costs me a fortune that lad :lol::lol:

How much hp will your new engine put out? Idon't mind alloy as long as its not on the arms and shock towers.

It hasnt been dyno'd as I wasnt particularly bothered but Stevo reckons it will hit 6hp easy if not more. Its the delivery thats more important to me, smooth and usable all the way!

Thanks for the comments :D Im fitting the engine today but wont be out with it for another couple of weeks probably as Ive injured my ankle, don't know how but its come up like a balloon & the pain is immense :(

When I get it run in I will definitely be paying Renbar a visit for a bash and to get a few more ideas off him. His Oddie engine was the reason I went for a tuned engine!! He costs me a fortune that lad :lol::lol:

ha ha don't blame me mate lol as for more ideas im allways willing to help spend other peoples money you just need a oddie clutch and ecu now mate then you have a great tool

The Stevo has gone from this.........
20130313_165206_zps59372b96.jpg
20130313_165301_zps18e95294.jpg

......to this. Much better looking IMO (just ignore the little bit of ally :w00t:)........
20130330_214711_zps180c0dda.jpg
20130330_214721_zpsb6b5cf1c.jpg
20130330_214734_zps241fd91c.jpg

Last edited:
When I took the old engine out the inner bearing on the clutch bell shaft had seized completely. I will have to double check everything is sound when it goes back together so I can eliminate it being caused by heat. Probably just be a dodgy bearing though because the outer bearing is fine. Glad I caught it early!!

You should try and get the mesh mod done mate ! I was sick of the grass getting in there I'm gonna do my engine this week with the mesh as its not fitted yet and a shiney paper weight at the moment , I'm gonna do a build thread , it will not be as good as yours and renbars but maybe some use to someone who started with a clone like me *smartech spider *
Rob

You should try and get the mesh mod done mate ! I was sick of the grass getting in there I'm gonna do my engine this week with the mesh as its not fitted yet and a shiney paper weight at the moment , I'm gonna do a build thread , it will not be as good as yours and renbars but maybe some use to someone who started with a clone like me *smartech spider *
Rob

All build threads are useful mate and don't knock the smartech spider. If it gets you out in the world of 5th scale then all is good :D We are not brand bias on here!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks