The Light Bulb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William E Burrows Jr

Dear Members,
I took out my Losi 5ive -T street machine for over an hour run today.
I laid out a great course with cones and had a ball.
I pitted periodically, all good and continued to run.
I have done this many times in the past without any issues with my truck.
I got home and inspected and cleaned the truck, nothing to repair just ready for my next run.
A light bulb in my head came on. Why am I dealing with all the aggravation involved with bashing.
Bashing is a lot of great fun but it comes with a price, broken truck all the time, buying new parts or upgrades.
I have been looking at FG on road cars for a while. Very expensive. Check out the DDM build on YouTube .
Maybe the secret is on road with just wear and tear or a crash maintenance to deal with.
I feel a change a coming.
Happy New Year,
William E. Burrows Jr.
IMG_0582.jpg

Hey William!

Yes I also feel on road is easier on the stress of these machines. I am looking at getting a Baja and convert it to on road drag or street. May also do this if I get a 5B as well.

Are you looking at the Comp FG's?

Dear Members,
I took out my Losi 5ive -T street machine for over an hour run today.
I laid out a great course with cones and had a ball.
I pitted periodically, all good and continued to run.
I have done this many times in the past without any issues with my truck.
I got home and inspected and cleaned the truck, nothing to repair just ready for my next run.
A light bulb in my head came on. Why am I dealing with all the aggravation involved with bashing.
Bashing is a lot of great fun but it comes with a price, broken truck all the time, buying new parts or upgrades.
I have been looking at FG on road cars for a while. Very expensive. Check out the DDM build on YouTube .
Maybe the secret is on road with just wear and tear maintenance to deal with.
I feel a change a coming.
Happy New Year,
William E. Burrows Jr.
View attachment 48683
Your right, there's not much breakage ? for me road gets boring fast but others not so much.

Running anything alone gets boring.
At one point in time I did race on road with some friends that worked at Maniacs Hobby Store before it closed and we lost touch.
Racing is a thrill, you can't beat it.
There are some great 1/8 scale off and on road tracks in my area but no 5th scale anything.
Finding 5th scale people near me is a problem.

Last edited:
I've never really been into the on road thing myself. Have a buddy that did the drift car thing for a bit, had a sweat 1/10 hpi rally car. But that too has long been gone. The few places I have to run are off road. I cant say I'm the hardest on my stuff nor do I get to take them out as much as I would like. I always wanted to get into scale drag or sled pulling but there's no market for it around here. None of the tracks allow 1/5, which seems to be the general thing no matter where you go. It's tough running 1/5 and that's just the road we all chose imo. It sucks, but I wouldn't go back given the choice.

Running anything alone gets boring.
At one point in time I did race on road with some friends that worked at Maniacs Hobby Store before it closed and we lost touch.
Racing is a thrill, you can't beat it.
There are some great 1/8 scale off and on road tracks in my area but no 5th scale anything.
Finding 5th scale people near me is a problem.

I have the same problem.

Hey William!

Yes I also feel on road is easier on the stress of these machines. I am looking at getting a Baja and convert it to on road drag or street. May also do this if I get a 5B as well.

Are you looking at the Comp FG's?

I like the FG EVO 2020.1 kit.
It comes with a Alfa Romeo body with carbon fiber spoiler.
FG EVO 2020.1.png

KBdmd_OW380_WM0_PB0.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks