The stupid stuff we do....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😒 joining this forum count??

Broke my ankle jumping off a roof after the ladder fell. Stupid one story house.
Like i said in junkies dirtbike post broke and dislocated fingers riding my kx125.

Use to work in a sheet metal shop and my boss told me NEVER stick your arm fingers or legs anyplace you wouldn't stick your peepee..
Great advice and apparently has kept me safer then most of you guys 😂😂😂
Your boss should have given that advice to a guy I worked with in high-school. Worked for a small fab shop in town. All very old equipment. The sheer liked to kick heavier plate out of square every now and then so you had to clamp the one end.... or use the stick. One of the guys forgot about the stick and stuck his hand behind the hold down plungers. Yep cut 3 of his fingers off at an angle starting with his pinky finger and ending with the tip of his middle finger. Bloody mess. They were able to re attach his pinky and ring finger. The Forman fainted and the boss rushed put of the office to grab his fingers and take him to the hospital, which fortunately was just down the street. Lesson learned by me. That old thing would eat anything that you put in there and the big exposed gear train was the least of my worries.

Your boss should have given that advice to a guy I worked with in high-school. Worked for a small fab shop in town. All very old equipment. The sheer liked to kick heavier plate out of square every now and then so you had to clamp the one end.... or use the stick. One of the guys forgot about the stick and stuck his hand behind the hold down plungers. Yep cut 3 of his fingers off at an angle starting with his pinky finger and ending with the tip of his middle finger. Bloody mess. They were able to re attach his pinky and ring finger. The Forman fainted and the boss rushed put of the office to grab his fingers and take him to the hospital, which fortunately was just down the street. Lesson learned by me. That old thing would eat anything that you put in there and the big exposed gear train was the least of my worries.
I work with machines for a living, fixing production machines. The old saying don't put your fingers where you wouldn't put your peepee is damn good advice. Also after cutting sheet steel or something and deburring it, the question of "would it pass the cock test" is always asked. It's fun asking appentices that one as the look of fear they give you is priceless.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks