The stupid stuff we do....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Had two days off in a row, yesterday planned to get yard work done so today could be RC day! Well as Murphy's Law would have it, my electric hedge trimmers kicked back and got my right (dominant hand) index finger real good. I thought it was good. Cleaned it and steri-stripped it closed. Today woke up and no good. Went to urgent care, said it needed stitches for sure, but missed the window to get them, so they steri-stripped it closed, put me on antibiotics and then had to get a tetanus shot. So much for RC day, will try to get some work in on them today.
Anyone else have any stories of dumb stuff you have done. Sure we all have em. Heavens knows this isn't my one and only.

I was packing for a striped bass trip a few yrs ago and stepped on a 4/0 hook that went right into my toe. Couldn't yank the fooker out. $3600 and a missed trip later the Doc got it removed lol.

Where do I start...
Tried chopping my left thumb off with a machete and an axe twice each.
Put a 3.3mm drill bit into my left hand earlier this year drilling out baja top rear arm with snapped stud, drill stopped because it was in my knuckle.
Tried to cut off my left index finger with a dovetail saw.
Tried killing myself with a 12" polishing wheel when my school tie got caught in it.
Been electrocuted more than once.
Fell out of a tree, breaking my left arm and requiring 5 nights in hospital for it.
Blew myself up with acetylene and a coke bottle.
Broke my coccyx pratting round on a push bike.
Plenty more injuries too lol.

When I was a lot younger I was half decent at skateboarding and got free poop from companies. I actually thought I was gonna go pro🤣🤣 one day I was on a trip to Arizona with a bunch of guys that were way better than me so I started trying to kick flip front board slide a 10 stair handrail and missed the board landed on the rail ruptured my left testicle then flipped backwards and hit my head on the concrete cracking my skull cause internal bleeding and then spent about a week in the icu. The guys left me in Arizona and I stopped trying crazy poop after that🤣🤣

When I was a lot younger I was half decent at skateboarding and got free poop from companies. I actually thought I was gonna go pro🤣🤣 one day I was on a trip to Arizona with a bunch of guys that were way better than me so I started trying to kick flip front board slide a 10 stair handrail and missed the board landed on the rail ruptured my left testicle then flipped backwards and hit my head on the concrete cracking my skull cause internal bleeding and then spent about a week in the icu. The guys left me in Arizona and I stopped trying crazy poop after that🤣🤣
Dam if U kept going you would’ve been a legend if you were pro. “I busted my balls to why were I am today” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Where do I start...
Tried chopping my left thumb off with a machete and an axe twice each.
Put a 3.3mm drill bit into my left hand earlier this year drilling out baja top rear arm with snapped stud, drill stopped because it was in my knuckle.
Tried to cut off my left index finger with a dovetail saw.
Tried killing myself with a 12" polishing wheel when my school tie got caught in it.
Been electrocuted more than once.
Fell out of a tree, breaking my left arm and requiring 5 nights in hospital for it.
Blew myself up with acetylene and a coke bottle.
Broke my coccyx pratting round on a push bike.
Plenty more injuries too lol.
this must be a northern england thing kev, cos i can relate to most of the above and a crapload more for myself :ROFLMAO:,
drill in hand ✔️,
cut off finger attempt ✔️,
electrocuted ✔️,
strangely, the falling out of a tree and breaking left arm (when i was a kid before i was in the chair ) ✔️,
blown up ✔️
too much other crap to list really ✔️:ROFLMAO:

I was putting a 4” body lift on a truck in the driveway with a 2 ton floor jack with way too little lift. Stuck a 2x4 in on it to reach. As I was holding the spacer in place I was lowering the jack running it with my other hand. Jack lowered, then the 2x4 fell off before I realized the webbing between my thumb and index finger was caught between the spacer and the body mount!

Almost became a coyote ugly moment, nobody was around even neighbours. Tried to reset the 2x4 a few times using my only free hand and it kept falling off the jack. Was just about to scream like a girl but finally got it was probably only a minute or two but felt like 15 as the pain increased and was sweating profusely!🤦🏻🤣

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks