The used and abused 5ive resurrection...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will make me sound like an absolute nut, but unfortunately we will be on vacation in Florida...and yes, I did try to convince my wife to move our vacation dates....shameless.

That is ok!our wife's for those of us that are married or with girlfriends,just will never understand our obsession!haha...but I would have tried the same thing lol...I live in Wisconsin and I'm only 3 hours from Indiana border so maybe I will check it out.ive never been there.

You won't regret it...they have very competitive prices. I saw some items that I had seen a little cheaper elsewhere, but they too had a lot that was cheaper than other places. I became such a fan because, they seem to just have everything. The only thing on my list that I ended up putting back, was the TFE droop screw bump stops...I chickened out on drilling my chassis.

The tracks were very nice, a couple guys out there running said that they were going to get a lot of TLC before Power Jam...can't imagine them being "nicer". Bonus also, was the owner said that just because the store was closed didn't mean the tracks closed. Very awesome set up if you even wanted to go for the day...three hours is pretty close to our drive there. Just don't bring every tool and spare part you could possibly need, but forget your TX on your workbench at home! I was very lucky that the incredibly nice owner decided to take pity on me and got me a DBXL take out DX2E so that I could run. (He even gave me some batteries) All in all, very good experience there, and I don't think that it was a fluke...

Last edited:
Random thought on the paint and graphics...I want something that will stand out. Not really for the "wow, look at me factor", but more for me to keep straight which rig is mine in the mayhem of a race...I have been looking around for a while...even toying with some very bright flourecent type paints...I am thinking about doing a fire themed one...think fire engine, not flames. Thoughts?

Got a fairly late UPS knock at the door this evening...TR chassis braces...they look awesome...just made up my mind on the Dark Soul "dopple servo" ...anyone have any experience with this?

I have a grinding noise from the pinion/spur gears after getting the new motor in. Not sure if this was a rock or something that got in there and maybe did a little damage to the gear. I had to double check the manual to make sure I had the gear mesh indexing tabs in the right way...anyone have any ideas?

It almost like the pinion is too far forward...not sure if or how I could remedy this...also noticed the center rear drive has a little wobble to it...found out from reading here that Phat Dad makes a better drive shaft, just not the center rear...does anyone make an upgraded one?

Phat dad makes upgrades for all shafts..that one is bent that's the reason for the wobble,common problem!upgrade asap,I did..make sure you have clutch,bell,and housing all on correct and all the way on..sometimes you can put it all together and think u have it all the way on but it could go just a bit more.also did you lock tight everything?the screw could have backed out and moved pinion forward..check that..

Hope anything I'm saying helps bud..let me know what you find..I'm always learning new things and would love the feedback..

I should be in bed instead of wrestling with this monster...I have an OBR 30.5 that was originally for my baja...since it's on the back burner at the moment, thinking about throwing it in the Losi...I didn't tear down the clutch when I had the engine out earlier today, and it sounds like maybe I should have. I'm thinking if I take it out again, that OBR might have to go in it's place.
Any recs on a clutch/clutch housing? It seems like everyone is going to a vented or open housing...just wondering why that is. Heat?

Last edited:
Yep only reason is it keeps clutch cooler..but you can also just drill holes in stock one. I've seen some guys do that..yeah I'm an obr guy also and I just got my widow maker via ups just last week but I'm going to run this really fun semi stock class we have at the track this season first before I put it in..but holy poop,an almost 10 horse motor!!thing is going to scream when I put it in lol

Insane! I want to say the 30.5 I've got is 6 something...they emailed me a while back when I ordered it and it was like 6.2 hp if memory serves...
I originally liked the idea of a "sealed" clutch for all the crap that always ended up in my baja...maybe not such a good idea I guess...the cooling fins probably do help, how much though. Guess I'm going to start shopping around and trying to find reviews on another clutch housing...$$. I keep hoping the more it eats, the more it'll give back to me.

Lmao there are a lot of clutch housings out there,I run one from turtle racing and it's nice. But there's a lot of options..and it will never give back!!!it just keeps taking and taking lol!!just like a wife/gf/or my kids....it's late here bud I need some sleep maybe I'll catch up with ya tomorrow.btw,where ya from?

Brazil, Indiana...yeah, about the only time I get to get on here is later at night too...once the kids get to sleep it's dad's time to be a kid.
I started looking around earlier at clutch housings...leaning toward the TR...everything I've gotten from them thus far has been pretty awesome.
I did fix the pinion issue earlier today...I have to shelf the Losi for a day or so to get the HPI 5T I got last night cleaned up and dialed in for my nephew. He's going to be a pretty ecstatic 12yo on Sunday.

Last edited:
Ohhh,lmao...I'm not to far from you,I kinda figured we were both on the same time..I'm in southern Wisconsin..just south of Milwaukee

Back