Thinking about a kraken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with the VEKTA.5 is when you accidentally crash and then realize that one cartwheel session now has you replacing all your plastic rod ends because they stretched out…like the ones on the shocks
You must be a really bad driver, I've cartwheeled and tumbled down hills, clipped rocks and never had major issues like you do.

If u want a kraken get one, no matter what ppl say,that is my way anyway..😁
+1 , I've been lucky by not having the problems everybody has, but end up having problems nobody has??? Depends when you buy , and how you use it? I've had my baja since '08...had soo many problems my buddies never got one and couldn't understand why I kept it? Took the vekta, x maxx, outcast 8s over to my buddies last night, beat the crap out of all them, rolled, flipped, hill climbed and flew. Everything came home in one piece except for dead batteries and out of gas??? Good times!!!
You must be a really bad driver, I've cartwheeled and tumbled down hills, clipped rocks and never had major issues like you do.
Check out thunder rc on u tube beating the crap out his vekta E 12s , pulled out a couple of rod ends from the upper rear links, bent the esc and battery trays...but flying threw the air he did!!!
I was making a turn around near the end of radio rang under full power with the vekta, misjudged when to stop turning and hitting a small tree with one front wheel, whole truck popped up in the air and did about 270° in the air flat spin landing out of sight! As I walked towards it to get it back in view I could hear it idling but was imagining total carnage... got to it and the only damage was the four tires dug 4 trenches 2 inches into the grass as it landed on full throttle, we all had a good laugh and the game was back on!!!

Last edited:
+1 , I've been lucky by not having the problems everybody has, but end up having problems nobody has??? Depends when you buy , and how you use it? I've had my baja since '08...had soo many problems my buddies never got one and couldn't understand why I kept it? Took the vekta, x maxx, outcast 8s over to my buddies last night, beat the crap out of all them, rolled, flipped, hill climbed and flew. Everything came home in one piece except for dead batteries and out of gas??? Good times!!!

Check out thunder rc on u tube beating the crap out his vekta E 12s , pulled out a couple of rod ends from the upper rear links, bent the esc and battery trays...but flying threw the air he did!!!

I was making a turn around near the end of radio rang under full power with the vekta, misjudged when to stop turning and hitting a small tree with one front wheel, whole truck popped up in the air and did about 270° in the air flat spin landing out of sight! As I walked towards it to get it back in view I could hear it idling but was imagining total carnage... got to it and the only damage was the four tires dug 4 trenches 2 inches into the grass as it landed on full throttle, we all had a good laugh and the game was back on!!!
Shortly after I got the vekta together I was bopping around the back yard. There are big rocks laying around, totally misgauged how close I was to one coming up from the bottom yard. Caught the rock with the right front a-arm and bumper. Mushed the bumper up pretty good but otherwise it drove off.
It's definatly not the strongest platform but far from the fragile vehicle most make it out to be. But I'm also not super hard on my stuff either.

I must have got all the crap plastic parts then. I wasn’t even jumping it. I was going flat out in a field, hit a rut, and it started flipping. I had to replace the upper grim joint rod ends and the two rear shock rod ends.
I must have got all the crap plastic parts then. I wasn’t even jumping it. I was going flat out in a field, hit a rut, and it started flipping. I had to replace the upper grim joint rod ends and the two rear shock rod ends.
Either that or I hit just right…

Either that or I hit just right…
There was a switch of all the plastics at the beginning of the vekta...some kits came with both sets and guys got close to the end of build and would see a large bag full of plastic parts and wonder what's all that for? That being said my bumper mount split when I was putting the screw in for the first time, about half way in. Also when one part lets go before the crash ends it can let stuff move in ways that puts extra stress on them, making the final list of carnage grow. Don't get discouraged and let the emotional rollercoaster of RC keep you bummed out. Could be many things aligned just right to make your experience a nightmare...been there and it happens! Before you know it one day everything will line up and you'll be on top of the world!
If it wasn't for bad days, we'd never recognize the good, everyday would just be the same.
some people say you only live once, I like correcting them by saying, you only die once, you live everyday

There was a switch of all the plastics at the beginning of the vekta...some kits came with both sets and guys got close to the end of build and would see a large bag full of plastic parts and wonder what's all that for? That being said my bumper mount split when I was putting the screw in for the first time, about half way in. Also when one part lets go before the crash ends it can let stuff move in ways that puts extra stress on them, making the final list of carnage grow. Don't get discouraged and let the emotional rollercoaster of RC keep you bummed out. Could be many things aligned just right to make your experience a nightmare...been there and it happens! Before you know it one day everything will line up and you'll be on top of the world!
If it wasn't for bad days, we'd never recognize the good, everyday would just be the same.
some people say you only live once, I like correcting them by saying, you only die once, you live everyday
I replaced the shock rod ends with new ones and put the aluminum Heim joints on the upper rear links, so it should be better now. I was just really surprised to see the rod ends stretch out. I've never seen that before. For me its all worth it in the end because building is my passion, not so much the driving part. I'm just glad I got to experience putting that whole thing together and making it my own! I can get past the batch of bad plastic I got. My kit also came with bad diff ring gears. The machining was incomplete, so Kraken sent me new ones. Honestly, since the whole Covid19 thing, manufacturing all around has taken a big hit for quality.

Ah, I did alot of reading and video watching before ordering mine, didn't get everything just because some people did it, picked up on alot of people stretching out the upper link ends easy, I went straight to irp links on all but the sway bar and bottom rear. I still want futur upgrades to keep it fun

Very well stated gentlemen,we got word today at shop that gm is on strike.Auto parts are are factory raja ts as isbut since covid avaialability and quality area a nightmare.......forget about techs.I was off 3 weeks with bad shoulder went back and 2 employes had left.Got shop caught up in 3 days but everything they took apart takes me twice the time to assemble.No one bags and tags,they don't rember where stuffis....bad enough owner is a drunk...But hey welcome to reality..........
( FACTORY REJECTS)

Still have to see,painted the customers bike gas tank and needs assembled before he comes back.Boss told him be done on friday but not wich friday.Breaks my heart to work for a man sitting on a gold mine but to lazy to pick up the gold after I dig it.But hey he pays me every week and I learned to not care..........
Oh jeese didnt realize it was you there ShadOman

Going to get the kraken.Looking at ddm artr witn 32 engine ,ddm pipe, futaba 3 channel radio and matts killswitch ,ddm battery and turtle racing rear cover.About 2 gs plus shipping.Does this seem like good start?Not looking for big engine beast just nice reliable fun.I think I saw vid with Rep77 running a 71 ,total beast ripping it.....Hey Shadomam,very well said about primal.Always enjoy your build,great attention to detail,well done!!!!
REP732,MY BAD...

Awsome! Sounds good for the 32cc, the upper rear plastic links most likely will stretch over a few runs, the 34 ported one run, also front pinion bearings and stock transmission clutch bell bearings are weak points. I have the 34 ported so I went with metal rear upper links, kraken metal front diff housing that has larger pinion bearings, but still kept the stock transmission for now. Depending on the amount of use you give it it may hold up, but check it often to be safe. The stock drive shaft and dog bones all have the pins locked in with set screws. Mine was a kit so I dropped lots or red loctite and put 1 inch shrink tube over the pins, so far so good, I don't use it everyday. As with any pre built kit, you may be alright or may want to check some or all bolts for loctite. I never check rtr's and almost never have problems. Just the driveshaft pin coming out of the vekta usually rips threw the gas tank. Even though there are points to keep an eye on I think the vekta is a neat concept, looks awsome sitting still and traveling. post up when you get it!
I've been hovering over the button for a vesla and 50gt from Taylor, Friday night I drempt all night I had hit the button and was expecting it, so clearly I checked my account to see if I did. I think it's a sign I'm ready!

Just saw video about new rear axle design.They are talking about puting in the gas version not just electric.I am thinking might be better off going electric,or see when they switch rear axle.Sometimes to many options to make a choice.Been watching lots of vids,seems like strong buggy stock,just a bit slow.don't think they have any electric in stock,all preorders.Got to be patient for a change and save some of next pay but gonna get one for sure

Ya, I saw it as an option on kraken for the gas when the electric was just announced but it seems to have disappeared??? The current version in the gas was updated once with bigger pinion bearings I believe but it does seem to hold up. The new electric rear diff must be even more beefy seems to come with a metal cover again and even more screws by the looks if it

They call it v3 ,eliminates toe or camber adjustment.... looks like i am getting close to 3 grand with batteries and charger,no radio.The website shows free shipping on 150.00$and up or almost 500.00 ,kinda confussing.How many years to get if free shipping to Pa.Going to have to send some emails and see...

They call it v3 ,eliminates toe or camber adjustment.... looks like i am getting close to 3 grand with batteries and charger,no radio.The website shows free shipping on 150.00$and up or almost 500.00 ,kinda confussing.How many years to get if free shipping to Pa.Going to have to send some emails and see...
If you order from Daves Discount Motors, https://www.ddmracing.com/, they do not charge tax and shipping is great. You can also use discount code 5SC and get 5% off of most things (not complete vehicles or kits).

Sent email to Kraken,DDM not showing the vetka 5e on website,gonna send them an email to.Kraken site shows preorder and wont have them till november

After exchanging emails with kraken, too many unaswered questions.Decided not to get one.Lots of reading and videos and its looking like to many mods to get what i am after,but much thanks to everyone for imput.....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks