This will be mine in a few hours. Any reccomended upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd suggest all alloy engine mounts, clutch carrier, rear alloy brake caliper and metal gears. After some time the plastic will melt when you put a bigger motor in there. 20/44 is the best all around gearing for my Marder so maybe 18/46 for the Monster. Dog bones and cups if they're not already upgraded. The a-arms are super durable so no real need to change them out.

Some other extras I would consider important...

Alloy servo saver
Front disc brakes
Tank vent
Gear cover

They get expensive dude. I had a viscous diff at first but man do they become a pia to open back up. I now run a adjustable diff that still get's stuck but I don't need to open it just adjust the screws and off I go.

Don't worry about alloy diff mounts. My plastic ones are original and my rig is almost 15yrs old! But I do stay on top of my bearings and replace when not smooth.

They get expensive dude. I had a viscous diff at first but man do they become a pia to open back up. I now run a adjustable diff that still get's stuck but I don't need to open it just adjust the screws and off I go.

Don't worry about alloy diff mounts. My plastic ones are original and my rig is almost 15yrs old! But I do stay on top of my bearings and replace when not smooth.
Good to know. I was thinking about locking it with jbweld. It seems I might be able to get some extra ride height by putting longer shocks on there. Thinking about checking out baja front shocks if not then possible losi.

Ok so I want to do the JB weld thing too but..... You will sacrifice a pair of drive cups, diff mounts and internals to do it. I think it's worth it but it'll cost about $200. And your bearings are on for good soo.

Ok so I want to do the JB weld thing too but..... You will sacrifice a pair of drive cups, diff mounts and internals to do it. I think it's worth it but it'll cost about $200. And your bearings are on for good soo.
Couldnt you just PIN the gears ??? then you get a locker without killing everything , you got the machine shop Trooper

I'd suggest all alloy engine mounts, clutch carrier, rear alloy brake caliper and metal gears. After some time the plastic will melt when you put a bigger motor in there. 20/44 is the best all around gearing for my Marder so maybe 18/46 for the Monster. Dog bones and cups if they're not already upgraded. The a-arms are super durable so no real need to change them out.

Some other extras I would consider important...

Alloy servo saver
Front disc brakes
Tank vent
Gear cover
These are all good up grades??
I found that the shock towers are very flexible and dog bones would pop out ? so I did ball drive and it dose not happen any more ?? this along with alloy engin mounts https://www.davesmotors.com/fg-07474-alloy-gear-plate-97Screenshot_20210106-074102_Samsung Internet.jpg
Scroll down on the page and you need the brake mount and disc as well??
Fg is a fun car??

Ahh yes! That is what I meant by clutch carrier and rear brake caliper. I go by my own terms sometimes....

Not sure if I ever tried the ball drive, dogbones have been good to me but I run the rubber boots, maybe that helps? Only issue I deal with now is the 4x engine screws coming loose. It's rather annoying. :mad:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks