Throttle servo recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.promodeler.com/DS2180BLDP
This is a Promodeler servo. When it comes to servos, you get what you pay for. “Buy once cry once”. Since switch completely over to ProModeler, I haven’t had to even think about steering, which is nice. It’s just not a concern anymore and hasn’t been for over a year now. I use two of these DS2180BLDP servos in my 5iveT 2.0. And the DS1735BLDP for mechanical braking.
Nice hobby room

https://www.promodeler.com/DS2180BLDP
This is a Promodeler servo. When it comes to servos, you get what you pay for. “Buy once cry once”. Since switch completely over to ProModeler, I haven’t had to even think about steering, which is nice. It’s just not a concern anymore and hasn’t been for over a year now. I use two of these DS2180BLDP servos in my 5iveT 2.0. And the DS1735BLDP for mechanical braking.
I would like to order a extra set of turtle racing arms from your hobby shop please. Lol
Nice bright and clean hobby room.

@Charlesmp3 I hope your not trying to peddle your shop or any products your related to here without permission 🧐
Nope, I don’t have a shop. Any brand dropping is to establish a baseline for brands I stand behind. No different than anyone else that says a particular servo, motor, radio, lipo has produced exceptional results. That’s what these forums are for correct? To use personal experience to share what has worked and what hasn’t so that others can benefit. If I offer to help someone, it’s not to peddle my labor hours, it’s to provide an alternative so that they aren’t having to do it themselves if they lack the experience and/or skill. Does this address any concerns you may have?
I thought so too. I am trying out the rs800v2 this season
For the throttle, yes, for the mechanical braking, it’s what I use and it ensures I have the stopping power I need. Just hit 89mph in my 5T last week and shooting for 100mph and over. 40+ lbs needs a powerful and reliable servo. This is my own personal experience and preference. I’ve spent too much money on cheap servos that my only regret is not using ProModeler servos sooner.
are theese still being made?
Yes, lots of new servos for 1/5 as well.
I would like to order a extra set of turtle racing arms from your hobby shop please. Lol
Nice bright and clean hobby room.
Hahaha!!! Not a Retail shop, just my personal “shop”. I had modular walls installed and set up three workstations for bench testing and tuning. Station against the back wall is for all my soldering and electrical work, while the center island is for 90% of installs and breakdowns. The station on the side wall is mainly used as a holding spot for parts or for parts assembly before install.

I don’t have anything even remotely close to “stock”: three X-Maxx builds, two 1/5 kraton builds, Losi 5iveT 2.0 electric conversion, 6S infraction (c8.r body) GT, 8S infraction GT, 4S MT 4x4 slash, 3S granite, two 1/10 Nitro serpents, couple of e-revised (will be scrapped for a Frankenstein build), and a baby Redcat (can’t recall the name of that one but it was gifted to me and I don’t run it).

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks