Tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike44

What are some must have tools? I have the stuff that came with the 5t but im thinking there has to be more than that. Do I need a torque wrench? If so is there a torque wrench specific for RC or is it the same one used on automotive stuff?

What are some must have tools? I have the stuff that came with the 5t but im thinking there has to be more than that. Do I need a torque wrench? If so is there a torque wrench specific for RC or is it the same one used on automotive stuff?
Torque wrench wouldnt be necessary cuz your not building engines I'm assuming. I would get a rachet set, extensions for the rachet set, the ddm tool set http://www.davesmotors.com/complete...-ball-end-with-handles-and-socket-holder.html, set of cresent wrenches, knifes, cissors, files brushes for cleaning, drill bits, and a little electric screw driver (drills have too much torque and will strip screws really easy) sounds expensive but lucky for u it's black Friday week so u should be able to get stuff for cheap. Don't cheap out on hex wrenches cuz you'll get bitten in the future like me, the ddm one I suggested is pretty good

ok well that all sounds pretty much like regular tools which I have a Snap On box full of. Sounds like the only tools RC specific are the DDM ball end and bit set. Thats cool, so when you guys tighten or change stuff you don't worry about torque specs? Im not going to be building engines.

Yeah, if you have a Snap-On box full of automotive tools, you should be good to go. Just get the DDM t-handle long allen set(ball and regular) and a small drill/power driver and you will be good to go.(y)

Oh...just give the bolts a good umph and it should be good. You will get the feel of it. Not too much on the bolts in plastic tho. The locktite will keep the bolts in metal good.

Yeah, if you have a Snap-On box full of automotive tools, you should be good to go. Just get the DDM t-handle long allen set(ball and regular) and a small drill/power driver and you will be good to go.(y)

Oh...just give the bolts a good umph and it should be good. You will get the feel of it. Not too much on the bolts in plastic tho. The locktite will keep the bolts in metal good.
Very cool, Thank you!

Speaking of loctite...if you don't alreay have them in that tool box....add some easy outs and a small torch or something equivalent to remove stuck screws.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks