Tore Losi DBXL-E v2 body panel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimS

Hi all

My Losi took its first tumble which resulted in a small (1/2") vertical split in the front panel just above the shock.

Any recommendations as to how I can repair it to stop it from getting worse? My initial idea is to just put some making tape on the inside and cover it in super glue but any advice would be appreciated.

Subject to your comments, I'll do the other side too as it looks like a bit of a weak spot.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I like that!

I'm assuming you used lexan scissors but did you use some sort of template to get both sides so even?

Not sure as it is not my car. Someone on Facebook page did it. This is a common problem on these models with the shock tower punching through the body. Myself I apply shoo goo and drywall tape to all my cars before I run them.

Definitely regret not going the Shoo goo route in the first instance myself.

Any chance you could let me have the FB link for that pic please as I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

You can remove the upper plastic body part that sits right under the nose and screws to the shock tower. That will take the pressure off the nose, give it more flex, and allow the body to easyily slip into the mounts and put the clips in

Myself I apply shoo goo and drywall tape to all my cars before I run them.

This is an old post, but it is new to me since I am new to the DBXL-E. I want to protect my body in the same way with drywall tape and shoe goo.

Did you do all the panels or certain panels subject to direct damage?

I always do all the panels. Actually pretty easy compared to losi 5T. 😆
Thanks...will do. I have owned a Losi DB Pro for years and did all the panels on it. I will follow your example here. Thanks!
I always do all the panels. Actually pretty easy compared to losi 5T. 😆
BTW...did you add washers behind behind the outside panel screws for the body?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks