Toying with the idea...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
As the title states, toying with the idea of purchasing a Kraken Vekta 5. This is specifically what I am looking at:

https://www.davesmotors.com/Kraken-...y-ARTR-With-Zenoah-G320RC-Engine-KV7702?sc=12

I am looking for something I can thrash around and not worry about. Short of a receiver, battery, kill switch, oil and fuel...what all is really needed to make this rig a good reliable rig? Is there anything that is really a must upgrade right out of the box to keep it reliable?

As the title states, toying with the idea of purchasing a Kraken Vekta 5. This is specifically what I am looking at:

https://www.davesmotors.com/Kraken-...y-ARTR-With-Zenoah-G320RC-Engine-KV7702?sc=12

I am looking for something I can thrash around and not worry about. Short of a receiver, battery, kill switch, oil and fuel...what all is really needed to make this rig a good reliable rig? Is there anything that is really a must upgrade right out of the box to keep it reliable?
Start reading the Vekta threads my good sir I could go on and on with what I've done to the tt, but it's a great choice and if keeping a smallbore not too much is needed

Start reading the Vekta threads my good sir I could go on and on with what I've done to the tt, but it's a great choice and if keeping a smallbore not too much is needed
If you've been following my thread besides the trans, I'd say I'm doing about the minimum that needs done. May not need the front diff housing either, and you can run whatever servos you would like. But it's mostly stock at the moment. The only thing I think it really needs right off the bat it the cv shaft, but they are made of unobtainiem right now.
Oh id also reccomend getting bite lock screws for the wheels as well, the ones that come in the kit are garbage as far as I'm concerned.

I said that to myself also and bought the complete car with the motor. Now I am close to 6k including the car. Something about the vekta that makes you want to upgrade 90% of the car.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks