TR v2 pullstart?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooper04

What’s everyone’s opinion on turtle racing’s V2 billet pullstarter? I’ve seen mixed opinions but I was hoping it’s good because it really does look like a great item to me.
From what I’ve heard some people say it breaks after 50 pulls and then I’ve seen some people say it’s a great starter. Just don’t want to end up out 120$ on a pullstarter if it’s not any good.

Buy X6 zenoha starters would be a better deal and probably last longer??
Those actually do look nice. How much of an improvement are the easy starts vs normal recoil starters? Because I mainly want one for my obr 34 reed because it’s actually pretty hard to pull

Its a technique ? pull slowly till you feel the the compression kick in then a fast pull and bang??
That’s what I do. I’ve seen some videos of people starting engines with only their pinky with some of the easy starters is the main reason I’m really interested in them

What’s everyone’s opinion on turtle racing’s V2 billet pullstarter? I’ve seen mixed opinions but I was hoping it’s good because it really does look like a great item to me.
From what I’ve heard some people say it breaks after 50 pulls and then I’ve seen some people say it’s a great starter. Just don’t want to end up out 120$ on a pullstarter if it’s not any good.

Mine didn't even last ten starts before the spring failed. Don't waste your money.

I know I’m a cple months late on this but I never knew there was this many issues with pull starts...lol... the way you treat them or use them is almost always the cause of your problems with them...yes there are bad ones..my 5T 36cc Rovan came with a junk Rovan billet and was just piss poor design and kept chaffing the rope got so sick of tearing it apart so I bit the bullet and bought the TR V2 and it’s been great and had it almost a yr and a half ..I think the key is maintenance...tear them apart just like everything else... clean and lube with dry graphite...oh and don’t roll your engine in the opposite direction...that can cause springs to snap...my thoughts anyway

I know I’m a cple months late on this but I never knew there was this many issues with pull starts...lol... the way you treat them or use them is almost always the cause of your problems with them...yes there are bad ones..my 5T 36cc Rovan came with a junk Rovan billet and was just piss poor design and kept chaffing the rope got so sick of tearing it apart so I bit the bullet and bought the TR V2 and it’s been great and had it almost a yr and a half ..I think the key is maintenance...tear them apart just like everything else... clean and lube with dry graphite...oh and don’t roll your engine in the opposite direction...that can cause springs to snap...my thoughts anyway
It's hit or miss. I personally don't wanna be maintenancing the damn thing every time I run it. I haven't maintenanced by cy pullstart all season, hell it hasn't even been apart except for the one time the rope frayed and broke. I don't see the point in spending 100 dollars on a pullstart

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks