traxxas 1/16 e-revo vxl with 2.4 ghz radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benckie

well today the 1/16 e-revo vxl i brought for my old man turned up today.

100_3712.jpg

he come around to pick it up put it in his car and drove off i only had a chance for one picuter lols i was spewing as i was as keen as him to see it, so i drove over there about an hour later just as one stock battery finshed charging well im impressed looks good out of the box goes well on one stock battery its tuff as it was crashed a few times.

the stock 2.4ghz radio has good range, but with only one battery in it doesn't turn to well when turning the opisite way the battery is in, so i say running two is a must or some heavy rear diff oil, but it realy handles the lups and bumbs.

my old man drove it in some light mud no worries and at full throttle it still wanted to wheelie, i think its sweet as rtr so im glad i brought my self one also, mines in customs as we speak but australia post is not working friday, saterday or monday so ill be lucky to get mine by the end of next week.

i brought him twin stock batteries and twin lipos with Series and Parallel y harnesses so i think tomorow hes going to run it on twin batteries to see how nuts it realy is lols.

unfortunaly in my rush to get over there i forgot my camera, but once i have mine there will be many chances to dull you guys to death with pictures and vid,s

i wanted to buy a 1/8 hpi vorza flux but my wife said since i brought my old man a 1/16 vxl e-revo i was not aloud to out do him or buy any thing better and bigger, so i brought one.

Sohan you can pick up the mini vxl e-revos from the usa shipped to australia for under $350 bucks

my old man brought his merv over to use my dremel to grind out the battery trays to fit the lipo wiring here is a quick vid only using about half throttle on the 1/16 e-revo vxl running 2 x 1200mah (stock) nimh batteries in parallel in my back yard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait till you fit the 2S LiPos !!!!

Get the series connector for the NiMH batteries - you'll LIKE that !!!

Great fun aren't they?

I vowed I WOULD NOT hop mine up, but now only the chassis is original - ESC and motor of course as the more powerful ones are top heavy IMhO.

Al.

Timmahh and Pipeous are good to advise here.
I've just got MaxAmps which has a 50C high discharge rate, with 25C continuous. Not cheap but better quality.

Their marketing had obviously worked on me. I THOUGHT they were the mutt's nads, but if you start reading around, there are some less than rave reviews of MaxAmps.
I've no problems so far. The main thing people say is that the batteries must have a 'C' rating higher than required to limit glitching / hopping, which isn't always a fault of non-sensored motors on start-up, but power availability as well.

How much is required? It's 30+ years since I did that kind of calculation. I think let your wallet do the talking but go for the best balanced, highest C rated batteries your budget permits.

Al.

Al.

I brought my old man 2 x rihno 7.4v 2s 25c 1750mah lipos cheap as chips, I would of got him the zippy,s but they where not in stock at the time.

I brought 2x zippy 7.4v 2s 20c 2200 mah lipos cheap as chips herd good things about them

For 3s I'm looking at rihno 11.1v 3s 20c 1550mah cheap as chips both brands have had good reviews and alot of people seam to use them with good results.

The rihnos use very thick wires they look like good quality but the thicker wiring needs a bit of dremel work to fit in the battery tray slot, I've ready people with the 2200mah zippy,s need to do the same thing, but the zippy,s use thinner wires

Last edited:
I've had my mini e-revo for over a year now. I would have loved the 2.4 ghz, but I had one of the first ones with the crappy am radio. Upgraded it to an FM and the glitching went away. The only item I felt I HAD to replace was the steering servo. It was always horribly glitchy but I have not broken a single part on that thing yet and I have beat the hell out of it!

I did put some GPM shocks on it, stiffer springs, and front and rear skid plates but only because I wanted to.

I know there is a big block conversion kit for it for regular sized brushless motors, but I think that kind of power just seems ridiculous, especially when I can't keep the wheels down with a 3s.

After reading this thread, I might have to take mine out in the freezing cold tomorrow to run it.

My little revo with a new body, wheels and tires:

car4.gif

ive already brought a traxxas wheelie bar for mine and a screw set should be here in 10 days or so, but after seeing my old mans run with one battery it was clear the suspention was a bit soft, so tomorrow i will place this order for us from the usa to save some coin.

springs.jpg

i was thinking or running black springs on the rear and tan springs on the front for use with twin batteries, after doing a bit of reading on the net it seams to be common.

it turns out the green springs are stock, i was ordering the springs from part numbers my old man gave me, i rang him up and said his springs have green dots on them, he thought it was the actual colour of the springs, me not having a merv here yet makes it hard lols i checked the manual it does not say what springs are used out of the box i asumed they where the tra7145,s, i have not placed the order yet so ill change it and there is no point orderint the tra7145 springs cause they are weaker then stock.

Last edited:
Benckie- I checked my shocks and I have the black springs on the rear and tan on the front. (those were the updates I ordered over the stock ones)

You might check out this place sometime for tons of aftermarket Mini Revo parts:

http://www.thetoyz.com/index.lasso

I'm not sure how quick they get things to Australia though, but they have been great to deal with whenever I've used them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks