Trooper's FG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a victory pipe coming in hopefully it will fit with the body. If you follow my AreaRC reedcase thread, thats the engine thats going into this RC once I am happy with it.
trooper, the g320 engine doesn't fit in an fg mate,
the case catches around the drive gear area,
plus the reedcase, because the engines in the fg exhaust forward i'm not sure if the reed cage will clear the rear diff,
you might wanna test fit it and check (y)

trooper, the g320 engine doesn't fit in an fg mate,
the case catches around the drive gear area,
plus the reedcase, because the engines in the fg exhaust forward i'm not sure if the reed cage will clear the rear diff,
Well I found this temperature resistant 3d resin. If it doesn't fit. Ill make it fit.

Yep spents I see what you mean now. This might not work but I'm still gonna try. Also whoever owned this thing before me.....
yeh they just too big on the case trooper, but, there will be a way somehow to make it fit i'm sure (y),
i do know someone from your side of the pond had an rcmk twin fitted to there fg stadium/monster,
there are some vids on spewtube somewhere , i think he raised the engine up ofr sommat to get it to fit,
oh, and when ya take the drive gear off the brake shaft, warm the grub screws up and use a decent allen key cos the grubs strip out easy and then need drilling out etc,
that looks a tad manky (y), looks like fuel leak or seal or gasket leak on that old engine,

yeh they just too big on the case trooper, but, there will be a way somehow to make it fit i'm sure (y),
i do know someone from your side of the pond had an rcmk twin fitted to there fg stadium/monster,
there are some vids on spewtube somewhere , i think he raised the engine up ofr sommat to get it to fit,
oh, and when ya take the drive gear off the brake shaft, warm the grub screws up and use a decent allen key cos the grubs strip out easy and then need drilling out etc,
that looks a tad manky (y), looks like fuel leak or seal or gasket leak on that old engine,
It doesn't fit.... This case has an oddball bend where the intake and the case meets.
This must be an OOLD model.

You know what. After seeing this video I think I've become interested in dropping another OBR in there. Think this would be the best engine for the FG? Even have my eye on the SCZ

Attachments

• 16112479409318501696123885167357.jpg
    16112479409318501696123885167357.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210121_114635.jpg
    20210121_114635.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
i would say go for an obr upto 30.5 trooper ,
not sure on the case fitment with the scz either, obr would be safe bet for fitment (y),
just looked at the scz and again i'd say there may be issues with the reed cage/case clearing the rear diff,
thats sommat you'd need to check on,
scz's rev very high though, dean at bonehead-rc ran one in a baja a few years ago and managed to squeeze over 21k rpm out of one :D(y),

My fg 4x4 came with a 26. The motor had been shaved off on the crank case to get it to fit ? +1 with @spents obr 30.5 FTW
i would say go for an obr upto 30.5 trooper ,
not sure on the case fitment with the scz either, obr would be safe bet for fitment (y),
just looked at the scz and again i'd say there may be issues with the reed cage/case clearing the rear diff,
thats sommat you'd need to check on,
scz's rev very high though, dean at bonehead-rc ran one in a baja a few years ago and managed to squeeze over 21k rpm out of one :D(y),

That was sort of a bad photo. Vrc does make nice pipes.

Ooh came with savox and hitec servos. Ill probably replace the hitec but the savox is "happy to see you kid"

I think the only upgrades I'd like to do right now is alloy diff and engine mounts, alloy diff, full steering upgrades. Alloy chassis bars, drive cup boots, and possibly find a skid plate for the bottom, upgraded all around breaks. Engine will come later.

These shocks look toy grade I need a reccomendation. I'd rather go single shocks but if I have to go dual shocks I will. Im getting rid of the sway bar.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPLETE-S...rentrq:4545b8321770a4821d8e0ee7ff8bbdb9|iid:1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPLETE-A...rentrq:4545b8321770a4821d8e0ee7ff8bbdb9|iid:1

FG is designed by a pack of wild monkeys.

Attachments

• 20210127_124232.jpg
    20210127_124232.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210127_132838.jpg
    20210127_132838.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210127_135537.jpg
    20210127_135537.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210127_135533.jpg
    20210127_135533.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210127_135733.jpg
    20210127_135733.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210127_135727.jpg
    20210127_135727.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
So I got to experience a Scott Finlay 30.5cc and man that thing really REALLY took off. Im considering rebuilding an engine with the proMX 36mm head http://mmrmodeltech.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=70&product_id=67 probably get a lightened flywheel if I feel its worth it. Now I have a question. Think I could use a CY 23cc crank case or should I go with possibly something billet? Im really looking hard at a Turtle racing G290 case. Think I should ask if they could custom port the cylinder for a piston reed?

Yes you can use a CY case.
23 - 31.5 (4bolt) cases are the same, just different heads to get bore and stroke.
Be sure to use the zenoah upper rod hardware if you use in a CY case. Check which part specifically, I'm not fully up yet.?
Isn't turtle racing part you mentioned, just a clutch case?.
Lightened flywheels opinions are varied. They rev faster but some say you lose a little bottom end from the weight removal the choice is yours. It might make a difference in a lighter vehicle but I think its subjective.

Last edited:
Yes you can use a CY case.
23 - 31.5 (4bolt) cases are the same, just different heads to get bore and stroke.
Be sure to use the zenoah upper rod hardware if you use in a CY case. Check which part specifically, I'm not fully up yet.?
Isn't turtle racing part you mentioned, just a clutch case?.
Lightened flywheels opinions are varied. They rev faster but some say you lose a little bottom end from the weight removal the choice is yours. It might make a difference in a lighter vehicle but I think its subjective.
good point. I was thinking about a billet case lately because some people swear by it. Even if it adds a small bit of bottom end id be happy. Im thinking about the TR one or the Gizmo one. Im not 100% on the gizmo because IDK if its the smaller bore size or the G320 yet and the G320 does not fit in the FG Monster...

You have to check case sizes, obr billet (Turtle racing case)won't fit FG trucks/others. I had to drill holes in my comp chassis to fit obr billet 29.5 FM engine.
Gizmo billet case might fit,I know people have run them in FG's. I like Gizmo,I'm always thinking of picking up a engine from them Christmas time.?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks