truck broke 5 minutes in..???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New/Used?
check all the set screws on the gears,
check the axle cups,
check dog bones.
make sure the diff isn't stripped.
Make sure that when the engine is reved up the clutch bell turns
check all gear mesh to varify one of the gears isn't stripped.
Let me know if there is anything else.

The clutch bell is behind the spur gear yes? It turn when i rev the motor but the truck wont go anywhere. All gears look like they are still new?

Is the pinion (Small gear) plastic? If so it is melted and spun. If not start it up and hold it in place against the ground and give it a little gas to start the system spinning then tell us what is not spinning.
Small pinion on bell, then spur, then small spur shaft gear, then diff gear, then out drives, then shafts, then tires.

All the gears that i can see are good with no missing teeth. The small gear in front of what i think is the bell housing for the clutch is metal,the spur is plastic and good. The little gear up in the middle that touch the back big gear is good and it is metal as well. The back big gear is good no missing teeth. I did notice the back gear has about a quarter of an inch play when i move the gear back and forth with my finger. When i start the truck and give it gas only thing that spins is the clutch bell housing,the thing behind the little metal gear that runs the spur. hope this makes sense.When i say it has play i mean when i rotate it.

When i turn the spur gear by hand the truck rolls forward and backwards, the small gear in fron of the big spur gear has play in it. It has 3 holes in it were it looks like little set screws help hold it down,one of them is missing.

ok when i start it the small gear infront of the big spur gear doesn't move but the shaft spins!? Is this gonna be the problem? how do i fix it?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks