truck broke 5 minutes in..???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The grubs have backed out due to the heat. Take them out and file them flat - I will look for the post on it. Then reinstall it using red locktight.

Ok the thing behind the sput gear is good and the flat spot is intact, no play at all. The small gear infront of it doesn't move but the shaft in the middle spins when the motor runs and revs but the small gear wont.

You can also use blue locktight if you let it dry real good.
I cant find the post on the filing of the grubs.
Take the grub screws out and check the ends. Did they fold over or spin the ends off? The end used to have a bowl end that dug into the shaft. Mine stripped out 1st thing and I ended up just getting a file and filing the grubs flat by taking the grub all the way down to the 1st set of threads - Removing the cone on the end. Then reinserted them with red or blue locktight and letting it dry over night.

Good luck!

grubs are the set screw type things right? They are both completely loose did i do any damage to the truck?

I wouldn't think so. The grubs are softer then the shaft. Remove the grubs and do the above filing if they are damaged on the ends. If the shaft has some scuffs from the grubs spinning just file it smooth. You will see the dents the cones put into the shaft no worry there just file them enough to get the gear back on.

Ok i think i got you now. i took the small gear off no damage to the shaft, i'm gonna run and grab some loctite and try to get this back together before the wife flips out more about me working on it in the kitchen! THANKS for the help! i really really appreciate it, thought i tore something up bad, any other tips before i run it tomorrow,i mixed my fuel 25;1 like the book said is that right?

Ok its is FIXED bigger better thanks fellow rc guy, i put the grub screws in to see if she would run forward and she did. gonna go grab some loctite,thanks again! LOVE THESE TRUCKS!

Check the grub screws in the wheel squares also. They are the squares that the rims fit over. Also make sure you check your rear tire nuts to make sure they dint back out and spin the square off the rim.

i would check all the drive line. axles, drive cups, diff gears, all grub screws on CB/Spur, Idler gear *gear that drives the diff) diff. crossbones on the drive shafts.

i hear they like to have loose grub screws, so thats one of the first things id look at.

sounds like a simple loose grub or such.

gonna go through it tonight, cant get loctite till tomorrow,store is closed. truck was a blast till it stopped running.

Hey Marvo I don't know where you live in il If your not far from me I have tons and tons of fg parts,Shafts gears diffs axles dog bone and ball drive suspension parts if you ever need something!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks