Turning radius

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I have the losi dbxle and the turning radius is a joke. Any ideas on making it turn better, not sure if it needs a stronger servo? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with wolle robert. savox servo for the steering. i had simliar probs myself till i bought the savox now turns with great torqe & alot better..let us know how you get on with it..:)
Thanks Marley I will!

Whoduh are you sure because my servo was no branded Savox, it looks different. Bought my car 2 years ago in the K&N version, this can be the reason why.
Wolle

I bought one of the original dbxl's. It came with a S901T for throttle and steering. They used the same servo for both. I fried the steering one probably because epa's not being set up right.
LHS didnt have a replacement DBXL steering servo in stock but they DID have replacement 5ive T steering servos in stock. I bought one of those (S900S) and it came in a SAVOX box. Rebranded 236. Still have the fried DBXL servo and the box the S900S came in. I'll upload pictures when i get home.

OK, that´s strange, I have searched for the old stock servo and found it in the big rc box, it is a SPMS901 servo with metal gear but complete plastic cover not like the Savöx with alloy in the middle.
Wolle

I was wrong on some things. After getting home I realized the original DBXL came with a Spektrum S901..not a S901T. they are 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT SERVOS!!!! The 901T looks exactly like and has the same specs as the Savox 235.
Spektrum S901t
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0886
Savox 235
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SV0235MG_Digital_Servo_p/savsv0235mg.htm

The S901 from what I can see is a pos. It doesn't even have ratings for 7.4v.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMS901

Check out the specs on the Spektrum S9020 servo. It is a monster at 7.4v and fully waterproof. The Hitec D845WP is another good solid waterproof servo with a ton of torque at 7.4v. I use both servos in different applications and I am amazed at the response and strength. I have a few questions for the dbxle guys, if I could ask?? I'm looking to buy one and need input- Thanks G-Man

Check out the specs on the Spektrum S9020 servo. It is a monster at 7.4v and fully waterproof. The Hitec D845WP is another good solid waterproof servo with a ton of torque at 7.4v. I use both servos in different applications and I am amazed at the response and strength. I have a few questions for the dbxle guys, if I could ask?? I'm looking to buy one and need input- Thanks G-Man
Thanks for the servo input. I have the electric one and I will say she is a rocket on 8s. I ripped a dog bone out and cracked a A arm. But thats because of the 15 degree weather and doing snow bank jumps. Wolle and whoduh I think run gas. They could tell you better on that version.

Hello John,
by the DBXL the single version with the Savöx servo runs fine.
For the MTXL I will recommend the dual version because your tire is much bigger and will need more torque to turn.
Wolle

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks