Turtle racing crank cases.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So im looking at the billet reed crank cases that turtle racing offers and they look pretty impressive but I don't have any experience with them so I have a few questions. it looks like the intake is in the crank case? Does this mean the top end needs to be blocked off? Do they offer great performance for their price? I plan on doing lots of porting training and experimentation and I would need to replace the top end fairly often to see and compare numbers, im wondering about the durability of it as well. Do they make a 45cc version? Can I use enclosed bearings or do I have to stick with theirs? Lastly ive been hearing lots of issues concerning TR quality issues lately. Should I be concerned?

I went with the reed case 34cc long block last year and it's a complete blasty blast. The TR crankcase looks brilliant. It's a shame that it's completely hidden under the shroud and within the chassis.

Long blocks are certainly the best deal running if you already have a motor you can cannibalize for parts.

Last edited:
I think unless you're willing to do some porting, you won't likely see a huge improvement. Might move the power band around, but gains might not be as noticeable as hoped for.

But don't let that stop you! I'd be okay if proven wrong on that point. (y)

I could be wrong here, but I'm also not seeing any petals on that reed valve, and I'm pretty sure there are no bearings. Even if there are, if they're not Nachi, don't trust them. There could be some hidden costs to getting it completed, hence the low price.

There's a bit of work that goes into building out your own reed case engine. Here's an example of what OBR does to their piston port for their full mod reed cases:
piston port.jpg

port machining.jpg

I definitely don't want to deter you from embarking on this adventure, I just want to make sure you're fully prepared for the possible speed bumps that can end up making it more expensive and time consuming than getting a pre-built full mod.

Z can tell you all about that...

Either way you go, I hope you end up with something you can enjoy! ? (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks