T'was the night before 5ive T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edro20

My new 5T 2.0 is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I have watched so many videos everything is something of a blur. Mostly I want to do a modest start (get the engine broken in) and do some initial goofin around. My main question is what parts would you all recommend for me (total noob...well I have an old electric buggy that is gathering dust on some shelf). I don't plan to compete in races or anything like that. I do want to know what parts are the best upgrades and/or what parts that Losi should have done in the first place. I love to tinker and work on stuff so this is truly a hobby project that I hope lasts a long time. Thanks to all for letting me come in and post. Links to part sources are appreciated as I am a getting close to being an "old geezer". Again thanks. Edro

A pipe and killswitch 100% first! Then I'd recommend going through it, shocks, diffs, mainly to not only get familiar with it, but many rtr vehicles come with a shortage on diff and shock fluids.

Then I'd upgrade the center diff tower to a modified rc or the like. Just for a start

I like to upgrade the clutch housing and front/rear chassis braces as well plus get an outer ware for the pull starter and air filter

Congrats.
My advice as a meticulous and perfectionist person (completely overrated treats, trust me) is: to not change a single thing until they break, do not fall into the money/time pit upgrade loop.

Add a killswitch, every 1/5th scale should come with it.
https://www.amazon.com/Dynamite-Large-Safety-Switch-DYNE1240/dp/B015QEWEC6
https://www.killerrc.com/products/super-bee-kill-switch-car-kit
I haven’t tried the superbee as I use the Dynamite on all my rigs but people around here recommend the superbee, they usually have good criteria, so both are fine.

If you find joy doing maintenance and mechanic work and tweaks then the possibilities are endless, a tuned pipe to start with, (ONLY if you tolerate insanely loud noise, I personally don’t as I usually drive them for hours and I go to sleep still hearing the pipe lmao…)
https://www.olimatengineering.com.au/losi-exhaust-pipes
Outerwears if you live in dry-pebbly environment.

If you just want to drive the car and spend as little as possible in the bench; just do like I said at the beginning.

Thanks for the replies. Turns out that Fedex sent the Losi 300 miles past my location to the east so that now it has to come back west 300 miles tonight. Oh well, it will be here soon enough. I do think that I'll get a kill switch for sure. I have seen a video of some dude chasing his 5T across a construction site because he didn't have one. Not doing that. I'll probably wait on a pipe, but will get one eventually. Question: Can Olimat send to the USA in a timely manner? I noticed that it's an Australian company. As far as noise goes I have plenty of hearing protection for that. Will also get outerwears eventually since it is dusty as hell where I live. I don't live in a city so there are no neighbors to piss off and I have room to play uninterrupted. Thanks again, folks!

Thanks for the replies. Turns out that Fedex sent the Losi 300 miles past my location to the east so that now it has to come back west 300 miles tonight. Oh well, it will be here soon enough. I do think that I'll get a kill switch for sure. I have seen a video of some dude chasing his 5T across a construction site because he didn't have one. Not doing that. I'll probably wait on a pipe, but will get one eventually. Question: Can Olimat send to the USA in a timely manner? I noticed that it's an Australian company. As far as noise goes I have plenty of hearing protection for that. Will also get outerwears eventually since it is dusty as hell where I live. I don't live in a city so there are no neighbors to piss off and I have room to play uninterrupted. Thanks again, folks!
Olimat will send to USA, but I'm not sure about timely manner, it's just a one man operation and he's flat out. Shipping will probably be pretty expensive too. Best off just getting a pipe from DDM. The VRC big bore pipe is an awesome https://www.davesmotors.com/?search=victory+rc

Olimat usually around 2 weeks out for u.s. delivery. Even eith shipping, he is usually about $20 cheaper. But if you can't wait, Bartolone is just as good

Thanks all. I have both a kill switch and an Olimat pipe ordered. I'm in no hurry for the pipe so whenever they get it to me is fine. Still waiting on receiver battery so I can bind and then get the engine break in started. Should I wait till I get the kill switch before I do this? Receiver battery is on the way as well so I might wait even if I don't want to. The good new is the 5ive T has landed. I finally have it and am fired up. I sent pics to friends and now they want one. Hilarious. This is going to be fun.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks