Twin Pirate Monster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave the twin a little tlc today and gave it a short rip with what was left in the tank, is easy to start, all you gotta do it put some fuel straight in the carb to get rack engine started, and then it’ll take it from there... that’s coz I have a one tank setup. This was the first real run I gave it, other one was slow in my backyard with no brakes. The acceleration is awesome and the speed is good too (didn’t hit full yet). But the fuel consumption sucks. Run was ok until the one exhaust popped off, lol I forgot to put a zip tie, it was very loud.

ok so I got it to run fine... now it’s gotta look good... any suggestions for a body, wheels/tires and anything else?

Best to take the truck to a hobby shop and start laying bodies on it till you find one that fits it. Had to do that with my hpi super nitro as it was an oddball size and bodies were not easy to find

Old skool cool, i love it 👍

Once i get a benchtop lathe i want to attempt to custom fab an opposed twin cyl nitro engine.

Took it out for a run on the street today, the thing is a pain to start, but once it does the power is incomparable, the pipe popped off and left my ear feeling weird 🤣. The tires need to go, horrible grip, terrible balance and heavy. Suggestions?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks