Understanding receivers and led lights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve spent some time thinking about this and decided I under estimated what is required. In theory you can do it but the output of the kill switch is just closed or open.

You can still do it but you would have to power one side of the led. When the kill switch is in run the circuit would be open and the led off. When active it would close the circuit illuminating the led. Like I said you could reverse this process using a normally closed reed switch ( that’s old school I’m sure there is something out the that is solid state & much smaller in this day and age).

2nd option just buy a kill switch with a led! 🤣 Just depends on how much you like tinkering and problem solving.

Thanks Sean, yeah didn’t consider that. As I said option two probably cost you the same in the end and way more reliable.

I just like trying to problem solve, unfortunately it sometimes causes more problems.🤣
I really don’t understand why u want the led so bad dude
What does it matter? His rig, if that what he wants go for it! Some people like tinkering and making a project their own.

Thanks for all the help fellas! Yeah may just run it on a switch for now until I decide what to do for sure. The plug and play option is the easiest overall with grabbing a different kill switch. Would just need to open the stock harness and swap.
@RcJunkie13 , valid question. I only want this LED for looks. I just thought it would be really cool to run it so it served a function and looks.
I am trying to add as much "realism" to my Raminator as possible. Here is a picture of a real monster truck with the RII very visible through the windshield.
20211002_191534.jpg
Im gonna run this LED which is really darn close to scale correct size and is red.
20211002_191812.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4447_%281%29.jpg
    IMG_4447_%281%29.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks