UPDATE ON MY VINTAGE RACECAR BODY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

I continued refining the aluminum body that transformed my Redcat Rampage XR gas car into a pre-war 1920s race car.

If you look carefully, you'll spot the refinements aback the engine. The updated body has a flattened rear section where the body-pins.

I think I'm satisfied now. The first and second pics show the updated back end. The third shows the former body.20190604_093408.jpg20190604_093328.jpgIMG_20190528_101254.jpg

I know it won't quite look right but you really should incorporate some kind of Roll bar to protect the spark plug. I don't know about you but I've rolled my buggy quite a few times. And without protection it will snap you plug insulator .
NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT, and you'd be shocked why. Lol. I NEVER rolled my car. I guess it's due to my driving style. I'm a flat track guy-- either level dirt and grass, a long with parking lots. I've been a life-long Formula 1 fan and drive my rc cars in that style: braking before I take turns or coming off the throttle before turns. But the roll bar is a damn good idea to protect the spark plug. PEACE!

I know it won't quite look right but you really should incorporate some kind of Roll bar to protect the spark plug. I don't know about you but I've rolled my buggy quite a few times. And without protection it will snap you plug insulator .
What's it they say? One picture tells a thousand words?photo_editor_ds_1559834122585.jpg

I'd go thicker (like Sean said) and I do something like a alcohol dragster and style it to match the body (old race cars used to use similar cages to the dragster in the pic, but the drag ones are slightly different so use ur imagination as you've been doing and style it to your liking) FH_00_6265.jpg

May want to go a touch beefier then that mate. It's a heavy car. But many with some 1/4" rod it would work. And would duplicate the old style roll bars from years of past.
It only LOOKS weak, but I assure you it's very strong and will work quite effectively for on-road roll-overs. If, however, it were an off-road vehicle that do 'jumps' with the easy likelihood of crashing onto its top, something indeed 'beefier' would have been easier.

It only LOOKS weak, but I assure you it's very strong and will work quite effectively for on-road roll-overs. If, however, it were an off-road vehicle that do 'jumps' with the easy likelihood of crashing onto its top, something indeed 'beefier' would have been easier.
Still, looks too thin for the car, and just to be extra strong for anything bad that could happen

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks