Value of this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a tough one. I love my mtxl, but its disco'd so parts can get tough to find soon. Mine isn't nearly as nice as that one, and I wouldn't take a penny under $750. Its a fantastic basher, one of the best imo. With all those upgrades but no motor, id be ok in the 700 range.

Thats a tough one. I love my mtxl, but its disco'd so parts can get tough to find soon. Mine isn't nearly as nice as that one, and I wouldn't take a penny under $750. Its a fantastic basher, one of the best imo. With all those upgrades but no motor, id be ok in the 700 range.
Yes I know they are discontinued but aren't parts the as same a losi dbxl ? Are they really hard to find ?

Only some of the parts are interchangeable. $400.00 with no engine.
That might be market value, but id never sell mine for 400, even without the engine. The MTXL is a big beefy rc. Nothing but the Raminator compares. Kinda shocked they didn't become more popular. They really are great machines.
Yes I know they are discontinued but aren't parts the as same a losi dbxl ? Are they really hard to find ?
You can use dbxl parts aside from drive lines. You can even stick the dbxl arms and axles on and just make it a narrower vehicle. So it can definitely be limped along with dbxl bits. But some parts just cant be used. When they're gone its game over.
If I was you id get it. I don't think you'll regret the purchase. They're the best.20200223_151451.jpg

Last edited:
I'd definitely get the MTXL had they not discontinued it. There's nothing that compares to it and they should have never got rid of it. I was looking at the Redcat rampage instead, but it's like a neutered dog in comparison.

That being said, I refuse to buy anymore discontinued Losi products. I have so many Losi cars that are no longer made that just sit on my shelf looking pretty. I fear crashing them and breaking parts I can no longer replace. TLR is the worst. After they keep coming out with new revisions of their race cars the older parts just seem to disappear. My TLR22 1.0, 8ight 2.0 and LST1 chassis are such cases. That really prevents the aftermarket companies from making upgrades for them as well. I'm glad the DBXL has been around as long as it has. I'm actually surprised they haven't come out with a DBXL 2.0 Gasser version.

That's life mate, new model comes out, old model goes the way of the dodo.. it does suck, I too have a bunch of older models that were great back in the day. Think the dbxl 2.0 was more or less so the e version could have a better drivetrain.

I'd definitely get the MTXL had they not discontinued it. There's nothing that compares to it and they should have never got rid of it. I was looking at the Redcat rampage instead, but it's like a neutered dog in comparison.

That being said, I refuse to buy anymore discontinued Losi products. I have so many Losi cars that are no longer made that just sit on my shelf looking pretty. I fear crashing them and breaking parts I can no longer replace. TLR is the worst. After they keep coming out with new revisions of their race cars the older parts just seem to disappear. My TLR22 1.0, 8ight 2.0 and LST1 chassis are such cases. That really prevents the aftermarket companies from making upgrades for them as well. I'm glad the DBXL has been around as long as it has. I'm actually surprised they haven't come out with a DBXL 2.0 Gasser version.
I hear ya, but the MTXL is a bit diffrent, as it can be used with another cars parts (dbxl), plus it does have aftermarket support by a few companies. If you invest a few hundred in the few unique parts you can have years of fun. Plus it doesn't break often at all. I feel fairly confident ill be enjoying it for a long time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks