Vekta.5 engine question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume the RCMax 62mm clutch would be more than adequate for the 24\17 gears. But in general, can anyone explain why taller gears are harder on the clutch?
I would assume it’s because you’re pushing it harder. A taller gear would be a heavier load on the engine and drivetrain components. Imagine starting your truck in 3rd gear instead of first while pulling a heavy trailer.

I would assume it’s because you’re pushing it harder. A taller gear would be a heavier load on the engine and drivetrain components. Imagine starting your truck in 3rd gear instead of first while pulling a heavy trailer.
Ok I think I get it. At first I was thinking of it from a rpm view, engine spins up to a certain rpm and the vehicle and drivetrain are say stationary, then the clutch has to merge the two together. That doesn't change with gearing. But the amount of torque the clutch needs to transfer to spin up the drivetrain would increase with the taller gearing. Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks