Vekta.5 engine question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm every answer I get just brings new questions haha. If they only sell 3 matching sets how can they claim to have 6 hearings available?

From vertigo: “Pinion gear and mating gear sold separately in pairs, these pairs offer a total of 6 different gearing options.”
So there's four years in the trans. There's the pinion basically connected to the clutch bell. The pinion meshes to the input gear on the intermediate shaft (not exactly sure of the technical name). There's a second gear on the intermediate shaft (I'll just call it the output gear). This output gear is always 19 teeth and meshes to the spur gear on the third shaft. The spur gear is also constant at 50 teeth. For different gear combinations you change only the pinion and input gear. The six combinations 19/22, 20/21, 23\18 always add to 41 and do not require changes in gear mesh. You can use install either of the gear pair on the pinion shaft or as the input on the intermediate shaft. You can not use a combination like 19/20 which adds to 39 and would require adjustable gear mesh.

Ok I see it now. I had to go and look at the trans on their site. Pictures would have made it a bit clearer. I've seen plenty of the kraken trans, but it's just the vertigo trans you can swap the gears around like that.
So your swapping gears on the intermediate shaft, where the vekta trans runs a double stacked geared intermediate shaft that has non replaceable gears. Ok I got that now. Should be interesting to see how it works out for you guys. Will be able to gear it quite high if you like.

So there's four years in the trans. There's the pinion basically connected to the clutch bell. The pinion meshes to the input gear on the intermediate shaft (not exactly sure of the technical name). There's a second gear on the intermediate shaft (I'll just call it the output gear). This output gear is always 19 teeth and meshes to the spur gear on the third shaft. The spur gear is also constant at 50 teeth. For different gear combinations you change only the pinion and input gear. The six combinations 19/22, 20/21, 23\18 always add to 41 and do not require changes in gear mesh. You can use install either of the gear pair on the pinion shaft or as the input on the intermediate shaft. You can not use a combination like 19/20 which adds to 39 and would require adjustable gear mesh.
So what's the tallest pinion they have to use with the Vertigo system?

The 18/23 flipped with the 23 driving the 18. Makes it the highest and lowest.
http://www.vertigoperformance.com/~vertigo6/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=456
Common @crucialRC I don't even own a vekta and I figured it out mate ?
Lol. So nothing different than the t90. I was just trying to see what the difference is. I guess you could fine tune a small bore but still cant go taller with a big bore than the t90. I thought maybe you could get a say 27 tooth pinion and a 14 tooth intermediate. I was just making sure I wasnt missing something. Its late?

Lol. So nothing different than the t90. I was just trying to see what the difference is. I guess you could fine tune a small bore but still cant go taller with a big bore than the t90. I thought maybe you could get a say 27 tooth pinion and a 14 tooth intermediate. I was just making sure I wasnt missing something. Its late?

thought you might be interested in something I found today ???
http://www.vertigoperformance.com/~...in_page=product_info&cPath=59&products_id=468

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks