Vekta.5 engine question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I actually have a T90 I haven't installed. But I was a little frustrated with being limited by the gearing options available at a time when I didn't know what engine I was going to go with. So between that and wanting to keep the engine weight as low as possible I decided to just get the Vertigo.
Funny you mentioned that. I decided to go with a v5 since I think it’s cool looking and people here seem to like it. Medic said it’s got a lot of room making it pretty easy to work on. So while I was putting together a list of upgrades I looked at everything I had which was like $500 in upgrades + the 300+ to add a stock g320 to the kit. Decided I might as well scrap all the upgrades and just head on over to Detroit performance heh. I know a lot of people don’t recommend going big bore for your first engine, but I’m not afraid to tear it down and repair when I need to. Especially now that I know all you guys have my back if I get in trouble ?.

Now back to the point. The engines at Detroit performance offer a discount on the vertigo system and the v3 clutch if you bundle it with the engine. And it comes with gears too which is nice.

Funny you mentioned that. I decided to go with a v5 since I think it’s cool looking and people here seem to like it. Medic said it’s got a lot of room making it pretty easy to work on. So while I was putting together a list of upgrades I looked at everything I had which was like $500 in upgrades + the 300+ to add a stock g320 to the kit. Decided I might as well scrap all the upgrades and just head on over to Detroit performance heh. I know a lot of people don’t recommend going big bore for your first engine, but I’m not afraid to tear it down and repair when I need to. Especially now that I know all you guys have my back if I get in trouble ?.

Now back to the point. The engines at Detroit performance offer a discount on the vertigo system and the v3 clutch if you bundle it with the engine. And it comes with gears too which is nice.
Yes, that's what I did. I believe it saves you about 80 dollars. The Vertigo that's bundled in is just the main carrier with the clutch bell and gears and I believe does not include the rear plate or the top plate that bridges the two together. The other two components are not required to use the Vertigo gears but if you want the complete system you may want to include those in your budget.

Full disclosure, I probably would not recommend getting a massive engine like I did. I just wanted a 65 supreme based on the characteristics of that engine and the fact that the supreme is supposed to be the latest and greatest. Looking at videos and information from the RCMAX manuals I believe a 46 would have been more than enough power for the performance I want (about 50 mph with good bottom end). Honestly I'm even more concerned about the massive power of the 65 than I was with the perceived lack of performance with the 34 position port.

Yes, that's what I did. I believe it saves you about 80 dollars. The Vertigo that's bundled in is just the main carrier with the clutch bell and gears and I believe does not include the rear plate or the top plate that bridges the two together. The other two components are not required to use the Vertigo gears but if you want the complete system you may want to include those in your budget.

Full disclosure, I probably would not recommend getting a massive engine like I did. I just wanted a 65 supreme based on the characteristics of that engine and the fact that the supreme is supposed to be the latest and greatest. Looking at videos and information from the RCMAX manuals I believe a 46 would have been more than enough power for the performance I want (about 50 mph with good bottom end). Honestly I'm even more concerned about the massive power of the 65 than I was with the perceived lack of performance with the 34 position port.
Yea I was looking at the 46gt but since the kraken is a fat pig like me I decided to get a liiitle more umph. I’m gonna start a build thread soon so that people can tell me what I’ve forgotten to add ?. The motor is 3+ weeks out according to Detroit so I’ll have plenty of time getting the chassis ready.
The Vertigo that's bundled in is just the main carrier with the clutch bell and gears and I believe does not include the rear plate or the top plate that bridges the two together. The other two components are not required to use the Vertigo gears but if you want the complete system you may want to include those in your budget.
Are those 2 plates just for added durability then?

Last edited:
I believe so. The Vertigo rep stated they offered them separately so buyers could get an immediate improvement without making the entire investment. In for a penny, in for a pound at this point so I ordered the other two for a complete matching set.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks