Vekta.5 engine question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see where they let you them know what gearing your going with. What gearing you going with? I also didn't see a taller gear avail than the 18/23, just like the t90. Maybe I missed it.
The vertigo has 6 gearing options I’m not sure what gears come with it as I didn’t see where the mention it either. It just says their “recommended” gearing, based on the motor you choose maybe? From vertigo site they say they have 18/23, 19/22, and 20/21 which can be bought in those pairings and then swapped around for different ratios.

I didn't see where they let you them know what gearing your going with. What gearing you going with? I also didn't see a taller gear avail than the 18/23, just like the t90. Maybe I missed it.

correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t 18/23 be the shortest gear? The 20/21 would be the tallest right? Because a biggerpinion means more speed and a smaller spur means more speed, right?

correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t 18/23 be the shortest gear? The 20/21 would be the tallest right? Because a biggerpinion means more speed and a smaller spur means more speed, right?
The 18/23 can also be used as 23/18 (with the 23 as the pinion). So the same tallest gear as the T90. I added a note to my order requesting the 23\18 gearing. We will see if that's what they send with it. You can also add if you want anodizing in the notes. Once payment for the engine was received Detroit Performance sent me a separate payment request for the anodizing.

The 18/23 can also be used as 23/18 (with the 23 as the pinion). So the same tallest gear as the T90. I added a note to my order requesting the 23\18 gearing. We will see if that's what they send with it. You can also add if you want anodizing in the notes. Once payment for the engine was received Detroit Performance sent me a separate payment request for the anodizing.
Ah ok. I didn’t really you could swap the spur into the pinion position.

as far as anodizing. ?

Attachments

• 0A6F10E2-BDE0-4FE9-B94D-4DC1E5C6290E.jpeg
    0A6F10E2-BDE0-4FE9-B94D-4DC1E5C6290E.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5
Ah ok. I didn’t really you could swap the spur into the pinion position.

as far as anodizing. ?
Nice. Keeping it a secret, I see.
The tallest gear is the 18/23. The pinion is 23. Idler gear 18. The "spur" or actually slipper gear is not changed. Im not sure about this use one idler and one pinion switch up/combo cause you cannot change the mesh like on a Losi. Gear placements are set. Maybe you can but never heard of it.
I believe the mesh is not an issue becaue all gearing combinations add up to a total of 41 no matter which orientation you choose.

The tallest gear is the 18/23. The pinion is 23. Idler gear 18. The "spur" or actually slipper gear is not changed. Im not sure about this use one idler and one pinion switch up/combo cause you cannot change the mesh like on a Losi. Gear placements are set. Maybe you can but never heard of it.
Could you expand on this a bit for me? I came from electric so I’m only familiar with having a pinion on the motor and a “spur” corrected to the drivetrain.

Could you expand on this a bit for me? I came from electric so I’m only familiar with having a pinion on the motor and a “spur” corrected to the drivetrain.
Sorry guys I was out running my 8ight-T 4.0? I'm new to it also and actually still learning. Even the losi isn't like this. There is a pinion, idler gear(at least that's what I call it. Lol) and a spur/slipper gear. See below. The slipper is in-between the front and rear center out drive cups and the idler gear marries the pinion to the slipper.
Screenshot_20200606-175043_Video Player.jpg20200504_190317.jpg

Last edited:
Your not gonna be able to just flip the two gears around like you think with out being able to set the mesh, that's why they sell them as a matched set. The larger gear will most likely be too tight on the slipper set up. If you can even get it on.

Your not gonna be able to just flip the two gears around like you think with out being able to set the mesh, that's why they sell them as a matched set. The larger gear will most likely be too tight on the slipper set up. If you can even get it on.
Hmm every answer I get just brings new questions haha. If they only sell 3 matching sets how can they claim to have 6 hearings available?

From vertigo: “Pinion gear and mating gear sold separately in pairs, these pairs offer a total of 6 different gearing options.”

I just shot John an email to ask about what gearing comes with it since all the site says is “our recommendation” will let y’all know what I find out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks