Vekta 5 - It Was My First Sucessful 45 Minute Bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William E Burrows Jr

Since I converted the transmission with mega torque gears so I could run the Maxxis Tires, I have had nothing but drivetrain failures.
The short list: Transmission bell housing bearing destroyed.
Front differential housing, bearings, pinion and ring gear destroyed.
Internal gears in the rear differential destroyed.
I rebuilt all areas of failures and had my first successful 45 minutes bash run yesterday.
I cleaned it up and inspected and notice the front differential bearings had some slop causing play on the pinion gear.
I would suspect that will be the first thing to fail again. I will continue to bash and see how long I have until it fails.
"For Whom the Bell Tolls"
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Since I converted the transmission with mega torque gears so I could run the Maxxis Tires, I have had nothing but drivetrain failures.
The short list: Transmission bell housing bearing destroyed.
Front differential housing, bearings, pinion and ring gear destroyed.
Internal gears in the rear differential destroyed.
I rebuilt all areas of failures and had my first successful 45 minutes bash run yesterday.
I cleaned it up and inspected and notice the front differential bearings had some slop causing play on the pinion gear.
I would suspect that will be the first thing to fail again. I will continue to bash and see how long I have until it fails.
"For Whom the Bell Tolls"
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
Nice ? hopefully it lasts

Congratulations (y)(y)
I just spent $150.00 on parts that I know will fail. I just rebuild my extra rear differential.
It was fun to rebuild it, but the differential oil was a trip.
See what a total differential failure looks like.
As a side note the KV2238 Vekta.5 Diff. Seal and Hardware Set. 4 of the 6 screws are the wrong size, I was able too use the originals.
I did report it to DDM.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
IMG_0576.jpg

Last edited:
I just spent $150.00 on parts that I know will fail. I just rebuild my extra rear differential.
It was fun to rebuild it, but the differential oil was a trip.
See what a total differential failure looks like.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
View attachment 48219
Someone needs to make proper gears, and someone needs to stop selling those big ass tires as suitable for stock

It is nice too have your own parts department, I even have a complete stock transmission with upgraded brakes and the original tires.
If the failures keep happening I will convert back too stock.
The dual servos I think is a must, it turns on a dime.
I would think the steering would be even better with the stock setup.
Someday I will find out while I wait for my upcoming breakdown.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks