velocity stack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otpracer

Did some searching, but was wondering what ya'll thought. is it worth it? Stock 5t with a Bartolone pipe. Haven't even got her broke in yet. Took it home over Christmas and won't see it again for a few months. I have time to ponder upgrades.

The velocity stacks are generally used when running a different style air filter. Even the stock Five T 2.0 & Five B have the stack feature in the exhaust already. I highly doubt you will see any increase at all power wise until you actually have a motor that needs to breathe more. The filter will be the element that keeps it from breathing not a velocity stack.

I have Velocity stacks on my GSXR 750. What I noticed is that it moves the power/torque a bit lower in the rev range. Made the power more usable instead of being all topend . A lot depends also on how long the stack is . When I had the bike dino'ed the power curve was linear instead of being linear to about 8000 rpm and then skyrocketing to 12,500 redline.

Seandonato73, I get that part, just wondering if it's noticeable on these vehicles. I raced 2 strokes forever but ha to get out of it do to injury. I can make em run. Never had a velocity stack on one though. Thanks for your replies everyone.
1Coopgt. Man I wish I hadn't taken my 5t home over Christmas. I would have loved to make a new friend in the area and the weather isn't so bad right now. We could have broke her in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks