VS Modelsport Mutilator Owner!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many large scale do you have Hellya?

...you are starting to make me jealous!:lol::lol:

Have you taken the clone baja for a run yet?

No ....I'm waiting for a couple of items.... 2 - 4200 mah and a autom kill switch

I buy when I see a good deal:).....then for birthdays and such people In my family get 1/5 vehicles from me......I bought my bro a clone:2guns:

I'm going throough the clone rebuilding it like a SS kit making sure there is diff oil, greased gears, locktite applied.... ect.

I'm also compairing part innerchangalbility.....for HPI hopup parts for the clone.

Last edited:
Aluminum Wheels will put on Friday, and adapters will be done Monday or Tussday. I already have the razors and paddles mounted!!!!!

Saw the posting over on RCU, they look awesome!

Will a person be able to mount Baja rims (plastic) and tires on their clone with the conversion?

Yes, the adapters will allow you to run plastic HPI rims and any kind of tire you want. Plus the FG guys will be able to run their stock brake systems with no problems.

How do you like that mutilator? I have had a ton of fun with mine. Watch that transfer gear under the carb. Mine is constantly coming off.All in all desent car.

Just got a second mutilator today. The boy is stoked, and the wife is pissed! Oh well, its getting nice here in michigan to sleep in the dog house. I think next will be the 5b. I have read alot of good things about them, and i do like the LS over nitro for sure!That travler for 300$ looks like an awsome deal.Really good looking car for sure.How do you like it so far?

Just got a second mutilator today. The boy is stoked, and the wife is pissed! Oh well, its getting nice here in michigan to sleep in the dog house. I think next will be the 5b. I have read alot of good things about them, and i do like the LS over nitro for sure!That travler for 300$ looks like an awsome deal.Really good looking car for sure.How do you like it so far?

I owned a traveller before thats why I bought another one :) ..... & I know what its weak points are

I need these items and my buggys drivetrain is good to go.

a steel pinion, alloy spur carrier, alloy motor mounts, alloy upper rear arms, and a SS diff cover

Last edited:
I think my diff took a poop. I get this slipping/ratcheting noise from the rear. I'm pretty sure its the drives going into the driven spiders. Those splined drive dogs.Does that sound right?

There desent. I've had a couple of issues, but all in all it's desent. Locktight is key! Locktight everything you can, and remember it's a hobby!
All the parts i need i get from tower for the firehammer. There the same thing.

!!!Mutilator no thank you!!!

What, I received one I ordered for a gift of a family member, they are different. There are a few items that may "look" the same or be alike, but the whole general setup is different, that is the reason i sent it back. The picture that hobbytron has on their site, looks different than what you get (Wheels). Also the way the rollbar is made, it flexes the rear shock tower something bad, this is not so bad on the Carson/XTM/Firehammer nor the FG Marder platforms. The radio tray setup is different as well, who needs a 1/4 scale servo for the rear brake/Carb ? I was not going to want someone to deal with a car that for one did not have the same support as the others, and I myself would not drive.

My opinion and two cents worth!

Oh not to mention Hobbytrons Crappy Service

As you can see the chassis looks similar, yet is different, the main chassis itself has the edges bent up at 90 degrees as well as aluminum "Mini" body posts.

Attachments

• buggy.jpg
    buggy.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 17
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks