VVTEC Racing Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't know much myself. seen some ads, a few ?s but thats it.
it doesn't look very good at all. i would say pass it and go for the RedCat Rally, or maybe the Nutech that Pipeos posted on. that looks like a pretty nice rig, though im not sure of the cost.

it's a hobby pro rebadged... those shocks are firehammer shocks and will need replacing right away. leak live sieves....

for a few hundred more you can get an all alloy nutech. I just bought the last redcat rally from scott at vancouver hobbies, but they are discontinued in north america, so you have to order parts from himoto. lots of nutech support in north america though... a few of us are working through the gt5r right now. I have my ups and downs but am still happy with the car... they are working on a chassis brace for the stock chassis and also an aftermarket chassis (I just bought a collari fg chassis for mine and new tires... )

the gt5r is 1200 retail, but you should contact a dealer. there's not much to upgrade. I added aluminum ball ends to mine, that was all I could add and that was about 1/3 the price of fg aluminum ball ends.

and pretty much any rtr tires suck so expect to get some.

My bud had a hobby pro, and got hit from behind by a slash, twice. it destroyed all the plastic parts. I replaced those with firehammer parts and was much better

It look almost same as my carson c5. And if I am correct carson c5 parts interchange all with fg sportsline 04. Cant say I know because have driven it only once but feels solid an well made. My car is 23cc cy, new c5 23cc solo, sportsline 23cc zenoah and in this link says G230RC but mention about zenoah nowhere. Its newer promising when misleading costumers.

Thanks everyone for the reply's.

pipeous, Yes I followed your threads on your GT-5 process and that is my other option. However I thought I would see if this car had potential.
I did notice that the motor angle was a flat 90deg. (laid flat) but I was thinking that would be a good thing to keep the CG's low for handling.
Is that not the case? Sorry for the newbie questions but this is my first large scale car. And again thanks to everyone for the help!!

the motor being flat was to change away from the angle of fg. that means different motor mount, side plate etc. good thing is the new jet pro pipe will fit no prob and he has 2 more pipes for this design coming this week...

the arms and all that are fg compatible, as will be nutech parts all through. so you have options to upgrade it. I am not going to say it's crap because I haven't owned one. I just remember buddy tossing the mt tires and gearing on his hobby pro and getting slaughtered by a slash. he had pulled over and got hit, broke one side... walking over he picks up the car to look and the slash hits him again with car in hand and broke the other side... he was choked to say the least. we put firehammer mt arms on so he could use it, then I got it from him and turned it back into an on road car. then sold it locally to someone else

I like on roading. less damage and less clean up. now that my semi is dialed, I rarely touch it except to add bling or tune the carb a tad. motor has seen gallon after gallon of fuel. never have rebuilt it, never even had it apart actually.

with all the on roads being so close in design, you can mix and match. I am putting some fg parts on my nutech. you just need to be sure what fits and what doesn't. I have had just about every fg clone out there now and tried mixing and matching parts... I have to get to work on my stuff again, but am so stiff and sore not sure I could hold a wrench today LOL

Vtec Mustang

:(Well, I sent for one, to save some money, now i learn it's stuck somewhere in China, tracking sucks, got a feeling i lost my money, live and learn i guess.:(

Vtec Mustang

The hell with VTEC Racing and EMS Express shiping(going on 14 days since purchase, really fast!!). If it ever gets here this month,I'll be giving it away, don't want it any more, the thrill is gone,VTEC RACING YOU SUCK.

ordering a car shipped from china takes a while. my gt-5 came slow boat too. I swear they paddled the shipping container across like a rowboat. it took nearly a month.

best of luck. you'll feel much better once you have it in hand.

Vtec Mustang

Well it arrived today, lets see red body instead of blue, warped, puncture holes all over the front end,decals put on by an epileptic just a bad deal altogether.:mad:

I have seen these mustangs selling under different brand names and all claiming to be a competitive vehicle.HobbyKing has them for around USD $400 delivered.
Nutech is not much different just made up in alloy,these are only meant for the car park bash.

If anyone want’s to race 1/5th then go to a club and buy someone’s older race car and run with that if you can’t afford anything new around $3000 - $3500

Vtec Mustang

Slip, thanks for the advice, but I got this car to start a spec series at our local parking lot,the object was to start with an economical kit,the guys are going to buy thier cars soon, but I don't want them to have the same issues,if I don't give them a heads up, i'm not much of a friend, but it's ok Slip, i'll just start hopping it up a little at a time and share with my guys all the info.;)

Vtec Mustang

OK, started the engine today, idle was a little ruff, a little adjusment on the low needle and now idles like a champ.
So, when i give it so gas, i get alot of smoke, do iI run it around and start to tune the high needle, and will the smoke diminish?, how do I know I hit the sweet spot on the tune?:eek:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks